Fly Fishing Forums

Go Back   Fly Fishing Forums > Classifieds: Events, Fishing Trips and Charities > Charity Events and Fundraising > Monnow Rivers Association - Auction X - 2017
Forums Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree11Likes

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-2017, 01:22 PM

MrP is on a distinguished road
Default MRA Auction X Lot 63: An original sketch of a trout by Charles Jardine

Lot 63

Charles Jardine is offering:

“ An original Sketchbook Illustration (to be featured in the April issue of Fly Fishing and Fly Tying magazine) celebrating the new season and featuring one of your Monnow brown trout beauties (see lot 62) and the incidentals and natural paraphernalia that make fishing so much fun.
The piece will be primarily graphite/watercolour/line and wash.”

Best known as an angler, instructor and author, Charles is also a highly accomplished artist and stalwart champion of the Fishing4Schools initiative with The Countryside Alliance – an important campaign to encourage more kids to start on their angling journey. For more details and to help go to Fishing 4 Schools - Countryside Alliance

Charles is running the London Marathon to raise funds for this charity (at an unmentionable age!) please support them here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Charles-Jardine3

Kindly donated by Charles Jardine
Trout fishermen revere the trout; trout, on the other hand, unaware of their sublime standing in man's world, revere nothing, including man, a creature they seem to view with special contempt. Nihilism is a rare trait in fish but trout are full of it. The old men liked that.
Old 18-02-2017, 02:03 PM

Location: Somewhere with not enough fields, wildlife or rivers
TFC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MRA Auction X Lot 63: An original sketch of a trout by Charles Jardine

50 to start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 18-02-2017, 04:23 PM

tigermoth is a jewel in the roughtigermoth is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MRA Auction X Lot 63: An original sketch of a trout by Charles Jardine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFC View Post
50 to start.

I'll go 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFC likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 04:32 PM

Bask in a day or two of happiness TM 😉

tigermoth likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 04:43 PM

Why wait?
On the basis that a print made 200 last year, an original, featured in a mag must be worth more

Proxy1 bids 201
Trout fishermen revere the trout; trout, on the other hand, unaware of their sublime standing in man's world, revere nothing, including man, a creature they seem to view with special contempt. Nihilism is a rare trait in fish but trout are full of it. The old men liked that.
Old 18-02-2017, 04:54 PM

Generous bid by P1
I'm unaware of the size and yet to enquire as to the chances of getting it with an "extra" detail as per the one I have already. Two boys though and one doesn't have a CJ personalised picture. I'll watch and wait 😉

tigermoth and mat elot like this.
Old 18-02-2017, 05:11 PM

size is tiny!

other boy said he didn't want one!!

P
mat elot likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Eldest loves his grayling print from yesteryear, 1yr old not convinced he wants a 'tiny' one. He's also claiming to have not phoned or emailed you either ! Please advise accordingly - if he's that good he can make my bank balance look amazing !

mat elot likes this.
Old 18-02-2017, 05:47 PM

Was just trying to put him off bidding!

Wll ask CJ about size and let you know.
TFC likes this.
Old 19-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Charles says his "daub" is 51cms x 39cms and will be finished earlier if I stop asking him questions!!
Shikari375, parrot and mat elot like this.