Roosters and Dorado from Baja California
The famous diver Jacques Cousteau once famously referred to the Sea of Cortez as "the worlds aquarium". Located off of the barren deserts of Mexico's Baja peninsula it is alive with life of all sorts from whales and dolphins to all manner of gamefish both along the coasts and off-shore.
UK Saltwater Flies owner and chief guide Austen Goldsmith, shares a trip he took last summer to this fishing mecca which our fellow US anglers have known about and enjoyed for decades. With the flamboyant roosterfish and the colourful and spirited dorado on the target list he was not disappointed.
by Austen Goldsmith
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip