The Bass season approaches!
Porthleven based bass guide Austen Goldsmith has taken his fly fishing charters to a higher level in the UK by investing in a new fishing machine he has called Zen2. With the current drought status in the UK lakes and rivers, perhaps it would be a great time to consider bass fishing in Cornwall...
Goldsmith first started taking clients fly and lure fishing for bass back in 2005. In 2010 he moved to a large detached property in West Cornwall which enabled him to add Bed and Breakfast to his bass fishing packages. This turned out to be a great success in 2011 and bookings are strong already for 2012 allowing his clients to book in for 2 or 3 days or more sometimes rather than just making a 1 day trip.
"'Zen2' is licensed for 3 clients and has been fitted out to the highest level" says Goldsmith. His brand new 20 foot centre console boat is fitted out with state of the art electronics and safety features along with the best fishing tackle money can buy such as Hardy Sintrix rods, Nautilus Fly Reels and Tenryu Lure fishing rods!
''My whole philosophy is simple. Aim to be the best at what I love to do!" Goldsmith is also the first UK guide to become a member of the prestigious Ultimate Fishing team, Europe’s most respected team of bass lure guides.
The bass season is just starting to kick off for 2012. Contact Austen now as his diary will start to fill out for the year and don't forget to let us know how you get on by posting a trip report and photos on the forums!
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon