Beginners Fly Tying series launched today!
Thanks for joining us for this first part of the Beginners Fly Tying Series. Instructor, Brian McGregor will introducing you to the 4 basic types of fishing fly and their main parts before starting his introduction and explanation of the main tools used. As mentioned, we have had to split this opening episode into two parts as it was quite long so please check back or sign up for the Fish & Fly newsletter where we will announce each episode as it is launched. If you need to purchase fly tying tools and materials then we recommend the fly tying section of Sportfish - Online Fly Fishing Superstore as a good place to start. Watch for the materials list coming soon!
Please press play below. As the file is quite large it may be worth waiting just a minute or two to allow some of it to download first as a buffer to avoid it stopping and starting as you watch.
For the best quality viewing if you have broadband (or a lot of patience and dial-up) then please download and watch the Windows media version (90Mb).
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip