Beginners Fly Tying Course - The Basics - Part 2!
As promised, we now bring you the final part of Brian's introduction to the basic tools you need to tie flies and he also moves on to cover some of the common materials you will be using also.
If you do not have any tools as yet, may we recommend logging on to Sportfish and use the search facility in the top left hand corner to look up 'KIT 736' which gets you the Veniard Premium Fly Tying Kit plus a free Vice and CD for just £49.95 but more importantly saving £44.45! Not sure how much longer that may stay up as an offer as it was for Christmas originally so please be sure to take advantage of it while you can. The kit includes the basic tools along with the free vice and many of the basic materials we will be using over the weeks ahead as we go over each fly in the course. There will be some additional materials needed from time to time and you also get those from Sportfish or any of the other online stores or your local fly shop.
As with last time, please press play below. As the file is quite large it may be worth waiting just a minute or two to allow some of it to download first as a buffer to avoid it stopping and starting as you watch.
For the best quality viewing if you have broadband (or a lot of patience and dial-up) then please download and watch the Windows media version (90Mb).
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip