Junior fly casters shine at CLA Gamefair
Joseph Avery-Harris is now well stocked with Greys fishing tackle after winning top spot in both the Youth Salmon Distance and Youth Trout Distance championships at this year's CLA Gamefair.
Sponsored for the 6th year in a row by Hardy & Greys Ltd these youth championships are of great appeal.
The winners were as follows:
Hardy Youth Open Salmon Distance Championship
- 1st Joseph Avery-Harris. Prize: Greys G Series Salmon outfit.
- 2nd Ryan Brady. Prize: Greys G Series rod.
- 3rd Tasha Lancaster. Prize: Greys reel
Greys Youth UK Open Trout Distance Championship
- 1st Joseph Avery-Harris. Prize: Greys G-Tec outfit
- 2nd Tasha Lancaster. Prize: Greys G-Tec rod
- 3rd Jack Yates. Prize: Greys G-Tec reel
Hardy Brand Marketing Manager, John Wolstenholme said; "Over the years, we have gained a reputation for being one of the most 'approachable' stands at the Fair. The level of skill in the junior casting has hugely increased since last year and we are proud to support the competitions."
"By doing this, we are focusing on the prime need in our sport today - to encourage more young people into angling."
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip