How to Tie a Grinner or Universal Fishing Knot
In this short video, Sportfish's Allan Shephard, shows you the basic steps on how to tie the grinner (also known as uni) fly fishing knot.
Learn how to tie the Grinner or Uni knot in this short video. You may also hear this knot referred to as a universal knot - it really is a universal solution to attaching line to swivels, hooks etc. All anglers should know this one wherever they fish be it fly, coarse, carp, lure or sea fishing. It also works well with braided lines although you may get stronger knots if you tie with a doubled over length of braid and go though the hook eye twice.
Articles by the same author
- Choosing a Fly Line for Single-Handed Rods
- British Columbia - The Promised Land!
- Catch a Spring Salmon on the Fly – the Ultimate Prize!
- Action Packed Summer Carp Fly Fishing - Great Fun!
- How to Tie a Grinner or Universal Fishing Knot
- 2013 Simms G3 Waders Tested by Sportfish
- How To Fly Fish A Chalkstream At Mayfly Time
- Free Expert Fishing Advice from Farlows & Sportfish!
- Tackle Up for Stillwater Trout with Sportfish
- Sportfish Invite Disappointed Game Fair Attendees to Open Day