Casting at Shadows on Christmas Island - New DVD
Keen fly-fisherman, Chris Cook, returned last month from a 3 week trip to Christmas Island in the Pacific, where he was producing a DVD, which has been shortlisted for an award from the Institute of Videography.
He has a pending World Record for YellowfinTuna, having caught one weighing in at 128 lbs whilst in Christmas Island. During the filming he also caught Bonefish to 10lb, Giant Trevally to 80lb and Sharks to 100lb.
Christmas Island, lying 1000 miles south of Hawaii, is one of the most stunning and remote fly fishing destinations in the world, taking two days to get there. It is, however, well worth the effort and the Christmas Island Tourist Board is hoping that Chris's DVD will attract UK, US and Australian fishermen who want to stalk the flats in search of Bonefish and Giant Trevally.
The DVD, Casting at Shadows, has now been released and is available from www.castingatshadows.com (Trade enquiries are also welcome.)
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon