Leak Doctor from Snowbee
Reviewed by Terry Lawton
A while ago I was sent a sample of Snowbee Leak Doctor, a small pump spray bottle of clear liquid that you use to find invisible leaks in breathable waders. I felt that to test the product properly, I would need to have a leak in my waders rather than simply making a small hole with a pin. Sadly it would seem that these waders do have a finite life and having found a damp patch on my the bottom of left trouser leg a couple of times, it was time to put the Leak Doctor to the test.
|Spraying the back of the area suspected of leaking produced the dark spot in the centre of the photograph, showing exactly where there was a pin-prick leak.|
Using Leak Doctor spray is a much quicker and easier way of detecting leaks than filling a pair of waders with water and seeing where the water comes out. Wet waders will have to be left to dry thoroughly before they can be repaired. Leak Doctor can be used on the river bank, if necessary, as long as your waders are dry. Let them dry over night, find and repair the leak first thing in the morning and, all being well, enjoy a dry day's fishing.
Snowbee Leak Doctor costs £6, Suncure Wader Repair £5 and Stormsure Wader Repair Glue £5 for a single tube or a pack of two mini tubes. All products are available from Snowbee stockists.
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip