Workforce Ultimate Comfort Socks
Us anglers spend a lot of time on our feet, walking to and from fishing spots and wearing all sorts of footwear from trainers and shoes, to wellingtons and waders. I was recently given the chance to test out some socks designed to help make the day more comfortable.
Ultimate performance - Ulitimate Comfort! It’s a bold name for sure, but Workforce Professional Workwear Ultimate Comfort Socks are up to the challenge.
Every part of these socks has been designed for long-lasting comfort, with an anatomically constructed left and right fit, comfort toe seams, strategic terry cushion panels for shock absorption and arch support knitted right in!
Using the Coolmax moisture management system, along with special ventilation panels and the natural antibacterial qualities of soft bamboo, you have a sock that feels great to the foot and works to keep you fresh and dry too!
- 42% Polyester (Coolmax) 38% Viscose from Bamboo 17% Polyamide 2% Elastodiene 1% Elastane
- 1 Pair Pack
- Naturally soft, anibacterial bamboo fibres
- Anatomic construction - left and right socks
- Machine washable
Available in Black, Navy and Grey.
RRP: £8 per pair.
I have worn the Ultimate Comfort Socks for a couple of fishing trips and also to the office and must say I have found them to be very comfortable. So much so in fact that they are the first pair I reach for now.
The biggest plus points for me are the extra padding areas that do help cushion against parts that might sometimes rub when I am wearing hiking or wading boots and also the comfort toe seam as I do have other hiking style socks where the seam is definitely an irritation.
It might seem somewhat frivolous to worry about what socks to wear when going fishing but these are definitely worth the relatively small investment I would say.
Workforce also have a range of other socks designed to meet particular purposes and one of those that is likely to be of interest are their Wellington socks.
How to Purchase
Articles by the same author
- Fancy Some Free Trout Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoir?
- Review: Dirty Dog Clank Sunglasses
- Review: Oakley Fuel Cell Woodland Camo Sunglasses
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Autumn Update
- Salmon & Trout Association Auction 2014
- Online Fish Return Monitoring Starts
- The End of the Road for Himalayan Balsam?
- Salmon & Trout Association Wessex Regional Meeting
- Schools are Asked to Get Kids Into Angling
- The Very Best of Fishing...