Fly Fishing for Carp on a 3 weight
In order to give the Loop Opti Creek 3 weight outfit a real workout, Paul Sharman, Fish & Fly's Marketing Director, took it to Lakeview Fishery in Sussex to target carp.
Using a boxed set of carp flies from Rainy, the fish did not take long to respond!
To purchase the Loop Opti Creek reel and other fly fishing gear for light tackle carp or anything else, please visit Sportfish where you will find everything you need under one roof.
You can also see the full collection of Loop tackle on their website.
The Rainy Flies carp and other collections can be bought through our good friends at Wellard & Scott.
If you are interested in learning more about how to fly-fish for carp, the recognised bible is 'Carp on the Fly : A Flyfishing Guide' by Barry Reynolds, Brad Befus and John Berryman.
Articles by the same author
- Essential Skills - Dry Fly and Mayfly with Oliver Edwards
- New Canadian Beaver report spells doom for Scottish salmon
- Fly Fishing for Atlantic Bass - new book reviewed
- The Streamside Guide - Road Trips
- Wet Fly Fishing on Rivers - Essential Skills with Oliver Edwards
- Venezuelan smorgasbord at Los Roques
- Pope of the Madison
- The principles of layering - the base layer
- Game Fishing by Bob Church
- The Streamside Guide - Planning the Trip