North Wales Fly Fishing Fair
GAIA and the Federation of Welsh anglers will be hosting the fly casting at the first ever North Wales Fly Fishing Fair will be held as part of the North Wales Country fair this August.
North Wales Fly Fishing Fair @ North Wales Country Fair
Over the weekend of the 14th and 15th August 2010 Fly Tyers and Anglers from all over the world will descend on Bala to show off their skills.
The event will be led by Hywel Morgan, who will show what it took to become world casting champion, Hans Van Klinken from Holland will be tying his creation, the world famous klinkhammer as well as showing some of his newer patterns. David Wolsoncroft-Dodds will be tying some of his best Pike flies, and Steve Thornton of Virtual Nymph will show some of his amazing lifelike creations. Local talent will include Gwilym Hughes and Louis Noble who will be tying flies used by them to devastating effect locally.
A show not to be missed.
If you’ve ever cast a fly or even just tried to tie one, this show is a must for you. GAIA and Federation Of Welsh Anglers coaches will be on hand to give casters of all abilities from complete beginners to those wishing to perfect their action an opportunity to develop and hone their fly fishing skills.
With stalls selling all the latest tying materials and fly fishing tackle and clothes, this is the ideal place to get bargains too.
Full list of Fly Tyers Demonstrating
Hans van Klinken
The North Wales Country Fair is held at Canolfan Cywain, Bala, North Wales on the banks of the river Tryweryn.
14th-15th August 2010
Activities at the show include,
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon