SPECIAL OFFER - John Wilson Avon Quiver
Two special offers on this must-have rod from Masterline thanks to Angling Direct. First you get £30 off the RRP but you can also return it in 10 days for a full refund if you do not like it. That's confidence!
It was back in the early 1990’s that I first heard of a John Wilson Avon Quiver and when I saw one, I thought they were the best idea since sliced bread! I got one and after I’d used it I recommended it to anyone I met who commented on it. I also said that for most anglers, all they ever required was 2 rods, a decent float/match rod and a John Wilson Avon Quiver and that would cover 90% of their angling needs. It was true then and it is still true today.
This Masterline Rovex John Wilson Avon Quiver Deluxe is new for 2010. The orginal John Wilson's 11ft Avon Quiver system was probably the best selling rod of all time. But for 2010 production has moved to Jarvis Walkers factories giving improved quality levels improved specifications and greatly improved prices.
Built with ultra high modulus carbon, the John Wilson Avon Quiver System consists of two top sections, one is a standard Avon top, the other a quiver tip section which is supplied with a choice of three different push in tips of varying test curves to cover whatever situation you may encounter. Also supplied with a dolly butt, enabling the rod to be fished at 11ft and 13ft.
With lined rings throughout and a test curve of 1.25lb, the rod will cope with hook links down to 1lb and reel lines up to 8lb. The possibilities are endless....When using the hollow tip, its suitable for fishing down the margins with a float, or up in the water with a pellet waggler. With a quick change of the top section, you can be fishing the method or the ‘tea bag’ (PVA) within a matter of minutes! The rod also copes effortlessly with moving water, if you are targeting Chub, Barbel or Roach, casting maggot or groundbait feeders. At this amazing price it makes sense to always have one ready in your holdall as it will cope with all fish and conditions you may encounter.
- New For 2010
- 11ft with a dolly butt to enable it to be fished at 13ft
- Ideal For A Huge Range Of Angling Applications!
- Supplied with 1 Avon Rod Top
- Supplied with 1 Quiver Rod Top
- Supplied With 3 Push In Quivertips
All in all a rod for all seasons and a rod for all reasons. And lets face it; if you buy this rod you are in fact buying 2 different rods for the price of one!
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon