New DVD - Alta : By Special Invitation with Paul Young
Word reaches Fish&Fly of a new DVD hosted by Paul Young and Vanya Hackel which looks at fishing the famed Norwegian salmon river, the Alta.
Known for its huge salmon of up to 60lb and beyond, the Alta flows through Arctic Norway. By special invitation of Alta Laksefiskeri Interessentskap (ALI – the river management board), Paul Young and Vanya Hackel fish the historic pools, and along the way visit the world heritage site with 6000 year old rock carvings, showing man’s earliest endeavours to fish with a hook and line and one of the earliest images of salmon. They also meet the king of reel makers Stanley Bogdan, see the traditional crafts, and talk to the famous ‘stakers’ – the very skilled guides and boatmen on the river.
£19.99 includes postage to the UK.
Articles by the same author
- Game Fisher’s Diary on Discovery SHED
- Salmon and Trout to Benefit from Weir and Ford Removal
- Game Fisher's Diary - Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- Sportfish Courses 2014 - Spring Tyne Salmon
- How to Achieve Better Fish Stocks in Wessex
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- Farlows Casts a Line for the Future
- Scottish Clean Sweep at Lochter International
- Christopher Robin Sets Sail on Lake of Menteith
- Hydropower – Good Practice Guidelines Welcomed