New DVD - Alta : By Special Invitation with Paul Young
Word reaches Fish&Fly of a new DVD hosted by Paul Young and Vanya Hackel which looks at fishing the famed Norwegian salmon river, the Alta.
Known for its huge salmon of up to 60lb and beyond, the Alta flows through Arctic Norway. By special invitation of Alta Laksefiskeri Interessentskap (ALI – the river management board), Paul Young and Vanya Hackel fish the historic pools, and along the way visit the world heritage site with 6000 year old rock carvings, showing man’s earliest endeavours to fish with a hook and line and one of the earliest images of salmon. They also meet the king of reel makers Stanley Bogdan, see the traditional crafts, and talk to the famous ‘stakers’ – the very skilled guides and boatmen on the river.
£19.99 includes postage to the UK.
Articles by the same author
- Early Season Tactics in North Scotland
- UK Premiere of the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour
- The Arundell Arms Launches the Tamar Trout Glug Jug
- Tackle up for Trout
- Wild Trout Trust Auction
- Salmon Season Opening Ceremony on Lothian’s River Almond
- New Chairman for Eden Rivers Trust
- Angus Angling – New Website
- Chris Sandford Joins Game Fisher’s Diary
- Atlantic Salmon Trust Auction 2014