New DVD - Alta : By Special Invitation with Paul Young
Word reaches Fish&Fly of a new DVD hosted by Paul Young and Vanya Hackel which looks at fishing the famed Norwegian salmon river, the Alta.
Known for its huge salmon of up to 60lb and beyond, the Alta flows through Arctic Norway. By special invitation of Alta Laksefiskeri Interessentskap (ALI – the river management board), Paul Young and Vanya Hackel fish the historic pools, and along the way visit the world heritage site with 6000 year old rock carvings, showing man’s earliest endeavours to fish with a hook and line and one of the earliest images of salmon. They also meet the king of reel makers Stanley Bogdan, see the traditional crafts, and talk to the famous ‘stakers’ – the very skilled guides and boatmen on the river.
£19.99 includes postage to the UK.
Articles by the same author
- RISE Fly Fishing Film Festival 2014 - Coming Soon!
- Kiss the Water - You've seen the Film, Now WIN the DVD!
- New Director of Riverfly Partnership Appointed
- Take Someone Fishing for Free
- Mayfly Hatch
- Charity Fly Fishing Day at Ladybower
- Charity Salmon Days
- Team England Fly Fishing Appointments
- Early Season Tactics in North Scotland
- UK Premiere of the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour