Orvis Manager Wins Fly Fishing Film Award
‘Sipping Dry’, a film by Simon Perkins, won the award for Best Freshwater Fishing Film at the eighth annual Drake Fly-fishing Video Awards in Las Vegas.
Source: Rutland Herald
Simon, a senior manager of the Orvis Company, said winning the award was “very humbling.”
“The world of fly-fishing video is full of talented people who are doing really cool things with cameras. I am constantly energized and inspired by all the filmmakers around me, which serves as motivation to continue to try to improve, adapt, and be creative in new ways,” he said.
‘Sipping Dry’ explores why anglers travel to every corner of the planet in search of epic hatches and large trout rising to the dry fly and takes place on the upper Missouri River near Craig, Mont., often referred to as the ‘dry-fly capital of the world.’
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- General Election 2015 - 'Manifesto for Angling' Launched
- Fishing on the Frontier Part 58 - The Personal Frontier
- Fly Fishing Film Tour UK 2015
- Flyfisher’s Chronicle - Book Signing
- Win £50 of ‘Peaks’ Flies
- Vintage Fishing Tackle Business - For Sale
- It's Licence Time Again!
- Snowbee Waldron Bench Top Pedestal Vice
- Angling Trust Boost Enforcement Team
- Job Opportunities at Farlows