Orvis Manager Wins Fly Fishing Film Award
‘Sipping Dry’, a film by Simon Perkins, won the award for Best Freshwater Fishing Film at the eighth annual Drake Fly-fishing Video Awards in Las Vegas.
Source: Rutland Herald
Simon, a senior manager of the Orvis Company, said winning the award was “very humbling.”
“The world of fly-fishing video is full of talented people who are doing really cool things with cameras. I am constantly energized and inspired by all the filmmakers around me, which serves as motivation to continue to try to improve, adapt, and be creative in new ways,” he said.
‘Sipping Dry’ explores why anglers travel to every corner of the planet in search of epic hatches and large trout rising to the dry fly and takes place on the upper Missouri River near Craig, Mont., often referred to as the ‘dry-fly capital of the world.’
To read the full story click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Acclaimed Welsh Angler, Moc Morgan, Dies.
- Survey - Wild Fishing in Scotland
- River Test - Rods Available
- A Permit to Pollute the Lambourn?
- Salmon Opportunity on the Gaula
- Sportfish Photo of the Month Competition
- Turrell add 'Fly for Coarse' Guru to their Team
- It’s Time to Shop!
- Get Set for Summer with the Sportfish Show - This Weekend 9th and 10th May!
- Learn to Catch a River Tweed Salmon...