Fly Tying - Surrey Flydressers Guild
News of the Surrey Flydressers Guild ‘beginners’ and ‘intermediate’ fly tying sessions for the 2013/14 season.
Source: Surrey Flydressers Guild
GAIA instructors Chris Reeves and Trevor Coxon, and Branch instructor David Taylor, all members of the Surrey Flydressers Guild, will be leading a series of fly-tying evenings aimed at beginners and intermediate fly-tiers. In addition, Chris will also be running a series of sessions for fly-tyers who wish to pursue the Guild Awards Scheme.
The dates for the pre-Christmas sessions are as follows (further dates will be organised for the second half of the season):
Absolute Beginners: First Monday of the month (with one exception)
• 2nd September
• 7th October
• 5th November (Tuesday)
• 2nd December
Improvers: Third Monday of the month
• 16th September
• 21st October
• 18th November
• 16th December
Guild Awards: (suitable for all levels): Fourth Monday of each month (with one exception)
• 23rd September
• 28th October
• 26th November (Tuesday)
Sessions run from 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm at Ripley Village Hall, High Street, Ripley, GU23 6AF with the cost each night £5 for Surrey FDG members and £7 for non-members. This covers the hire cost of the hall and materials. All tools and vices can be provided for the beginners; intermediate tiers will be expected to bring their own vice and basic tools.
Articles by the same author
- Scotland to Consider Wild Salmon Netting Ban
- Grayling Boost for the North East
- Fish Legal Acts on Wild Brown Trout ‘Wipe Out’
- Fly for Pike with Farlows
- New Parliament 'Voice for Angling'
- Yorkshire Salmon are Returning
- Grayling Return to South Yorkshire’s River Rother
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- Salmon and Trout Association Riverfly Census Update
- WCSRT Updated Fishing Opportunities