Rutland Fun Day 2013
Details of the Rutland Water family fun day, hosted by Anglian Water, that will have a lot going on for fly anglers in the area.
Source: Rutland Water Fly Fishers
This will be the seventh year the event has been held at Rutland Water. The free event takes place at the Sykes Lane site on the Empingham shore of Rutland Water on 14 September, beginning at 10am. Highlights include live music, food stalls and demonstrations plus lots of activities for the kids.
This year the Rutland Water Fly Fishers have been invited to have a marquee at the fun day. This is a great opportunity to catch up with club members, discuss the season so far and to let the committee know what you would like to see the club doing next year.
• Malcolm March and Chris Evans will be on hand all day to help iron out any casting wrinkles...
• Advice and guidance on any fishing or tackle problems, a great opportunity if you are new to the sport and want to find out what you need to get the best out of a day on Rutland.
• Casting games for fun to help you get your eye in for the fry bashing!
• Fly tying demos are being arranged.
• Bring the family and a picnic!
For more information about the day click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Early Season Tactics in North Scotland
- UK Premiere of the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour
- The Arundell Arms Launches the Tamar Trout Glug Jug
- Tackle up for Trout
- Wild Trout Trust Auction
- Salmon Season Opening Ceremony on Lothian’s River Almond
- New Chairman for Eden Rivers Trust
- Angus Angling – New Website
- Chris Sandford Joins Game Fisher’s Diary
- Atlantic Salmon Trust Auction 2014