UK's Remotest Wheelyboat Launched
A Wheelyboat specially designed for disabled anglers was launched at Badanloch Estate, Sutherland.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
The new Coulam 16 Wheelyboat, christened 'Sally', was funded by a grant from Lord Leverhulme's Charitable Trust and is the most remote of all of the Wheelyboats currently operating in the UK and the Wheelyboat Trust say that her launch, earlier this year, demonstrates how important it is that opportunities for disabled anglers should exist everywhere, even in the wilds of Scotland.
Badanloch Estate’s 27,500 acres is set in the wide open spaces of the far north of Scotland and lies off a single track road at the source of the famous River Helmsdale. Sutherland is renowned for the quality of its game fishing and the estate’s six lochs have a combined area of nearly 3,000 acres with fishing for brown trout, salmon and sea trout.
For bookings contact Bryan Lyall on 01431 831232, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- RISE Fly Fishing Film Festival 2014 - Coming Soon!
- Kiss the Water - You've seen the Film, Now WIN the DVD!
- New Director of Riverfly Partnership Appointed
- Take Someone Fishing for Free
- Mayfly Hatch
- Charity Fly Fishing Day at Ladybower
- Charity Salmon Days
- Team England Fly Fishing Appointments
- Early Season Tactics in North Scotland
- UK Premiere of the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour