UK's Remotest Wheelyboat Launched
A Wheelyboat specially designed for disabled anglers was launched at Badanloch Estate, Sutherland.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
The new Coulam 16 Wheelyboat, christened 'Sally', was funded by a grant from Lord Leverhulme's Charitable Trust and is the most remote of all of the Wheelyboats currently operating in the UK and the Wheelyboat Trust say that her launch, earlier this year, demonstrates how important it is that opportunities for disabled anglers should exist everywhere, even in the wilds of Scotland.
Badanloch Estate’s 27,500 acres is set in the wide open spaces of the far north of Scotland and lies off a single track road at the source of the famous River Helmsdale. Sutherland is renowned for the quality of its game fishing and the estate’s six lochs have a combined area of nearly 3,000 acres with fishing for brown trout, salmon and sea trout.
For bookings contact Bryan Lyall on 01431 831232, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- UK's ‘Top Cops’ Back ATr’s Police Poaching Guide
- The Timsbury Fishery - New Website Launched
- First 5 Nations Success for Team England Fly Fishing
- Inner City Youngsters take to the Fly
- GAIA CPPD Event
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 9
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 8
- Herefordshire Country Fair 2014
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 7
- Exclusive £10 Farlows Voucher to Celebrate National Fishing Month