UK's Remotest Wheelyboat Launched
A Wheelyboat specially designed for disabled anglers was launched at Badanloch Estate, Sutherland.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
The new Coulam 16 Wheelyboat, christened 'Sally', was funded by a grant from Lord Leverhulme's Charitable Trust and is the most remote of all of the Wheelyboats currently operating in the UK and the Wheelyboat Trust say that her launch, earlier this year, demonstrates how important it is that opportunities for disabled anglers should exist everywhere, even in the wilds of Scotland.
Badanloch Estate’s 27,500 acres is set in the wide open spaces of the far north of Scotland and lies off a single track road at the source of the famous River Helmsdale. Sutherland is renowned for the quality of its game fishing and the estate’s six lochs have a combined area of nearly 3,000 acres with fishing for brown trout, salmon and sea trout.
For bookings contact Bryan Lyall on 01431 831232, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- Fishing on the Frontier Part 58 - The Personal Frontier
- Fly Fishing Film Tour UK 2015
- Flyfisher’s Chronicle - Book Signing
- Win £50 of ‘Peaks’ Flies
- Vintage Fishing Tackle Business - For Sale
- It's Licence Time Again!
- Snowbee Waldron Bench Top Pedestal Vice
- Angling Trust Boost Enforcement Team
- Job Opportunities at Farlows
- Fly Fishing Spring Open Day at Winforton 14 March 2015