UK's Remotest Wheelyboat Launched
A Wheelyboat specially designed for disabled anglers was launched at Badanloch Estate, Sutherland.
Source: The Wheelyboat Trust
The new Coulam 16 Wheelyboat, christened 'Sally', was funded by a grant from Lord Leverhulme's Charitable Trust and is the most remote of all of the Wheelyboats currently operating in the UK and the Wheelyboat Trust say that her launch, earlier this year, demonstrates how important it is that opportunities for disabled anglers should exist everywhere, even in the wilds of Scotland.
Badanloch Estate’s 27,500 acres is set in the wide open spaces of the far north of Scotland and lies off a single track road at the source of the famous River Helmsdale. Sutherland is renowned for the quality of its game fishing and the estate’s six lochs have a combined area of nearly 3,000 acres with fishing for brown trout, salmon and sea trout.
For bookings contact Bryan Lyall on 01431 831232, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by the same author
- ATr Secures Fish Protection Grant
- The Sportfish Sale - NOW ON!
- Annual Fisheries Report Published
- Tackle Up for Spring Salmon
- Fly for Coarse - Another Varied Year!
- The Atlantic Salmon Trust Auction 2016
- Get in Shape and Catch More Fish in 2016
- Hooked on Angling Antiques
- Water Companies Fail to Co-operate over Sewage
- Farlows Winter Sale – on NOW