Hooked on Angling Antiques
The late George Miskin’s collection of angling items and artefacts is to be auctioned next week.
Cherished fishing prints, pictures, porcelain and antiques from the late George Miskin’s unrivalled collection will be auctioned on Tuesday 12th January at Dreweatts Donnington Priory saleroom in Berkshire.
Miskin made his first catch at the age of twelve and became an avid collector of all things angling-related. The major part of his collection was sold by Dreweatts & Bloomsbury Auctions in May 2012, with Miskin retaining these, his favourite pieces, now offered for auction following his death last year.
Further details and a link to the catalogue may be found HERE
Norman Wilkinson (1878-1971). Fly fisher fishing the river. Watercolour and bodycolour, over graphite. Est. £700-1,000 [Lot 64]
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon