It’s Time for a Tackle MOT
Getting your kit properly checked ahead of the new trout season could well mean catching a few extra fish!
To ensure they are safe and fit for purpose we are required by law to ensure vehicles of a certain age are subjected to a rigorous MOT every year – so why not the same with your tackle?
OK, so we are not talking safety in respect of the wider public here but when you get out in the boat or on the bank to kick off the new trout season, possibly after a long winter break, your kit may not be as ‘roadworthy’ as you thought – and it could cost you fish. So Sportfish are offering all anglers a FREE tackle MOT so that your kit is in perfect shape to start the new spring season.
From 13th to 21st February inclusive you can bring all, or some, of your tackle in-store and one of their expert team will go through it with you. They will check the drag on your reels, loops on your lines and that your backing is correctly attached. On rods they will make sure rings aren't worn, handles and reel seats are in good condition and they will also make sure your fly boxes are filled with the essential patterns for your early season fishing – wherever you plan to fish.
You can even get yourself an MOT with a top casting instructor to put right any little faults and, let’s face it, we all have them!
For full details of the Sportfish tackle MOT just click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon