Wild Trout Trust Auction 2016
The Wild Trout Trust’s annual fundraising auction will take place from 4-13 March.
This a huge annual event in the fishing calendar, with over 300 lots to bid for. As you would expect, there plenty of trout fishing on offer with a wide range of rivers and lakes from manicured chalk streams to big spate rivers, from Irish loughs to little mountain lochs and llyns.
It’s not just trout fishing. Fishing for salmon, grayling, pike, bass, mullet, barbel, roach, bonefish and golden dorado are also included.
The auction features fishing abroad, including a trip to the River ‘Minni’ in Iceland for huge brown trout, a holiday in Chile on the River Futa fishing for rainbows, bonefishing in the Bahamas and trout fishing in Normandy, Slovenia and Belgium.
To help you navigate your way around the fishing lots, they are all plotted on a google map HERE Zoom in and click on the pin for a description of the lot. There will be a direct link to eBay when the auction goes live on 4 March.
Tackle, flies, art and books are also included, and with prices starting at £20, there is something to suit all pockets and tastes.
An illustrated catalogue is available on the auction page on the WTT website HERE or call 023 92 570985 for a printed catalogue. Bidding is easy, either on eBay or by post.
The Wild Trout Trust auction is a really great way of exploring new areas for fishing and contributing to a very worthwhile cause – the protection of our wild trout and their habitat. The Trust is well known for its efficient use of funds; so, if you do win in the auction, you’ll not only get a fabulous lot but also be donating to great work for our trout and sea trout.
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon