Shield Competition at Farmoor
The Thames Water ‘Shield’ fly fishing competition is back for 2016.
Source: Angling Trust
The Angling Trust has joined forces with colleagues at Thames Water to reintroduce the Thames Water Shield Fly Fishing competition in order to raise funds for England Youth Fly Fishing and Water Aid.
Farmoor Reservoir will host the event on Saturday, April 16th, 2016 with 64 places available for competitors. The competition will have a new look and feel for 2016 as the pairs event will be split between both the bank and boat fishing.
Anglers both young and old are encouraged to get involved and there are prizes up for grabs for winning anglers while the top junior rod will be presented with the Peter Stone Memorial Trophy.
Entry for under 18s is just £8 per angler, concessions £25 and adults £30 per angler, entry fees include boat hire and fishing permit. All proceeds from the event will be donated to England Youth Fly Fishing and the charity Water Aid UK.
Ben Thompson, Angling Trust's Senior Competitions & Talent Manager, said:
“We are delighted to be working with Thames Water to reintroduce this competition, it’s a fantastic opportunity for anglers young and old to compete in a safe and fun environment with friends, family and other like-minded anglers while raising money for two worthy causes.”
Click HERE to download an application form.
Articles by the same author
- Have-a-go at fishing at the National Fishing Month launch event: Friday 22nd July 2016
- Howsham Weir Fish Passage Consultation for River Derwent
- National Fishing Month 2016 Starts on 26th July
- Anglers Blame Poachers for Sewin Decline in Rivers
- Brown Trout Voted UK's National Fish
- Fisheries Scientist Joins the Battle to Restore our Rivers and Chalkstreams
- Improving Smolt Survival On The Agenda for 2017 Conference
- Lottery Funding For Wylye Water Meadows
- Fly Fishing Charity Day Raises £13k
- World Oceans Day - Focus on Wild Salmon