Fly Fishing Forums


Go Back   Fly Fishing Forums > Tackle and Book Talk > Tackle Talk
Forums Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Chelsea123's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: W.Yorkshire
Posts: 4,298
Chelsea123 will become famous soon enough
Default Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Was thinking of replacing my gold with a grand but think i'll wait now I've seen this till old stock is replaced.Thought's ?

RIO Products Introduces Two New Fly Line Technologies | RIO Blog

Neil
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 PM
black knight's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 27,449
black knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea123 View Post
Was thinking of replacing my gold with a grand but think i'll wait now I've seen this till old stock is replaced.Thought's ?

RIO Products Introduces Two New Fly Line Technologies | RIO Blog

Neil
Hi Neil

It all sounds too good to be true. The only way we will find out is when the lines are trialed by ordinary anglers here in the UK. They sound exciting and I would love to be able to test drive one.

Alban
__________________
You must lose a fly to catch a trout. George Herbert
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Chelsea123's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: W.Yorkshire
Posts: 4,298
Chelsea123 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight View Post
Hi Neil

It all sounds too good to be true. The only way we will find out is when the lines are trialed by ordinary anglers here in the UK. They sound exciting and I would love to be able to test drive one.

Alban
Hi Alban

I expect they have already been tested in the states before making such a bold claim Alban.Ive left a comment on the blog asking when they will be available over here,like you i would love to get my hands on one

Neil

Last edited by Chelsea123; 03-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:13 AM
fredaevans's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: White City, Oregon, USA.
Posts: 18,572
fredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Interesting read .... especially given these are manufactured here in my corner of the world. Not seen a word on the Internet prior to this post up. For your side of the Pond only?

Also posted up on the blog; appears anything you want to say/ask has to 'be approved.' No comments posted up as of 1819 my time (hour later there). But it is July 3rd and tomorrow's Independence Day.
__________________
Fred Evans - White City, Oregon

Last edited by fredaevans; 04-07-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Chelsea123's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: W.Yorkshire
Posts: 4,298
Chelsea123 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Interesting read .... especially given these are manufactured here in my corner of the world. Not seen a word on the Internet prior to this post up. For your side of the Pond only?

Also posted up on the blog; appears anything you want to say/ask has to 'be approved.' No comments posted up as of 1819 my time (hour later there). But it is July 3rd and tomorrow's Independence Day.
Hi Fred

They do look good don't they,Ian ( grommit ) asking his Rio's distributor when they will be available over here for me.He sent me a pm after i asked on the blog,they list the retail price in dollars so would guess they will be available in the states.My comment's still up for approval

Neil
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Dingbat's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,113
Dingbat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

I don't know - in bed as in the river, when the tip sinks it's time to go to the pub
__________________
"Please God, don't let me die at the hands of the Swiss". English, J, Sir
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
fredaevans's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: White City, Oregon, USA.
Posts: 18,572
fredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea123 View Post
Hi Fred

They do look good don't they,Ian ( grommit ) asking his Rio's distributor when they will be available over here for me.He sent me a pm after i asked on the blog,they list the retail price in dollars so would guess they will be available in the states.My comment's still up for approval

Neil
Keep us posted on what info Ian gleans; most of my single hander lines are well past their day. My Sage 7100-4 XP really needs a 'redo' for summer run fishing.

fae
__________________
Fred Evans - White City, Oregon
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:30 PM
black knight's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 27,449
black knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

With all improved or redesigned lines the manufactures paint glowing pictures of benefits. I can't remember when I was last amazed by a new fly line. Maybe these Rio lines will?
__________________
You must lose a fly to catch a trout. George Herbert
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:47 PM
fredaevans's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: White City, Oregon, USA.
Posts: 18,572
fredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of lightfredaevans is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Now-now and Tut-tut ... their head line designer is one of yours.
__________________
Fred Evans - White City, Oregon
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
black knight's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 27,449
black knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of lightblack knight is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio introduces two new fly line technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Now-now and Tut-tut ... their head line designer is one of yours.
I still stand by what I have said Fred.
__________________
You must lose a fly to catch a trout. George Herbert
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isle of Man introduces cheaper fishing licence Fish & Fly Team Fly Fishing News 0 28-02-2011 04:13 PM
Future Rod Technologies Dingbat Tackle Talk 2 26-10-2010 08:55 AM











All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
2006-2014 Fish&Fly Ltd