Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  9,875
Page 1 of 9670 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96695
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    44,563

    Default What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Hi Readers

    After another successful meet at Barnsfold on 25th October 2011 the Lancsy Lads will be fishing but it will be next year before there is another meet. If you want to follow what they get up to on a day by day basis follow this thread.

    BK
    Last edited by black knight; 07-11-2015 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In therapy.
    Posts
    15,436

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    How about dumping Alban in a wheelbarrow, wheeling him down the causeway at Barnsfold shouting "Penny for the Guy"?
    "Take not out your 'ounds on a werry windy day" Surtees.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    5,687

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    I'm sat in my pajamas, I'm sure you wanted to know that already

    Baz
    _____
    Baz
    A BLancsy Lad born and bred

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    I am back at work after a week off... still... i only have 22 working days left in the service of queen and country... then its civvy street and job hunting time... anyone want a gillie? 20000 per year would do me and i'll carry your bags!

    Stevie
    if it was that easy they'd call it catching!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    44,563

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bill1 View Post
    How about dumping Alban in a wheelbarrow, wheeling him down the causeway at Barnsfold shouting "Penny for the Guy"?
    Bill for a good cause I'll do it. Can you arrange for the Guy to have a fly rod in his hand and be within casting distance of Beacon Lake please.

    BK

    ---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chesscar View Post
    I'm sat in my pajamas, I'm sure you wanted to know that already

    Baz
    Hi Baz
    I like the human element it softens our super hero image.


    BK

    ---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rankin930 View Post
    I am back at work after a week off... still... i only have 22 working days left in the service of queen and country... then its civvy street and job hunting time... anyone want a gillie? 20000 per year would do me and i'll carry your bags!

    Stevie
    Hi Stevie

    I've always thought a rive bailiff's job would be interesting. Unfortunately those type of jobs don't come available very often. Good luck with whatever you do.

    BK

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In therapy.
    Posts
    15,436

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by black knight View Post

    Hi Baz
    I like the human element it softens our super hero image.

    BK
    However the Mickey Mouse and Goofy pattern rather give the game away.

    Right. Let's get a grip on this thread. It needs to become a treasure trove of fishing wisdom and nostalgic anecdote to get those readers, unfortunate enough to reside outside the County Palatine, through the grim winter ahead.

    We could start with a memo by Baz. "How to blank with dignity." or even Ged "How to tie a fly that would make even toxic evo go pale".
    "Take not out your 'ounds on a werry windy day" Surtees.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    5,687

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by black knight View Post
    Bill for a good cause I'll do it. Can you arrange for the Guy to have a fly rod in his hand and be within casting distance of Beacon Lake please.
    BK[COLOR="Silver"]


    BK
    No TROLLING!!!!


    Baz
    _____
    Baz
    A BLancsy Lad born and bred

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Before this tread dives into the obis known as as the Barnsfold Triangle, there are a few things I would just like to mention.

    Percussion

    Cumulous

    And

    Peptic

    Thank you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Posts
    44,563

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Acid House View Post
    Before this tread dives into the obis known as as the Barnsfold Triangle, there are a few things I would just like to mention.

    Percussion

    Cumulous

    And

    Peptic

    Thank you.
    Hi AH

    Would you care to expand?

    BK

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    5,687

    Default Re: What are the Lancsy Lads Up to Next?

    Careful Alban, you know what happened last time -you know, when he got the `waterproof properties of skin' bit between his teeth. You could be opening a whole new can of worms here

    Baz
    _____
    Baz
    A BLancsy Lad born and bred

Page 1 of 9670 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MY LADS FIRST DAY WITH THE FLY ROD
    By jimc1234 in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
  2. Lads and Dads
    By graylinghunter in forum Photo Gallery
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-10-2009, 06:43 PM
  3. Hello lads....
    By Stuckinabushagain in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
  4. Many thanks lads
    By on the buzzer in forum General Fly Fishing Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •