Fly Fishing Forums


Go Back   Fly Fishing Forums > Fly Tying > Fly Tying Forum
Forums Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree13Likes

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2018, 09:35 PM
garethdebi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North West England
Posts: 395
garethdebi is on a distinguished road
Default Help please with dying

If I wanted to dye a badger cape this colour myself, how would I go about it ? What colour cape to start ? Do you need to bleach it first ect ect. I really need another capr like this and no one can help and the ebay seller wont reply to me for some reason when I asked for more. ...

Its like a golden honey colour..

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Manners maketh the man.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
suzuki15hp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Contact Sam here:

Home - Irish Fly Supplies

He should be able to sort you out
cramppy likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-01-2018, 12:14 AM
garethdebi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North West England
Posts: 395
garethdebi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki15hp View Post
Contact Sam here:

Home - Irish Fly Supplies

He should be able to sort you out
I gave him negative feedback on ebay as the cape I bought from him was so badly matted that it was unusable and he blocked me from purchasing from him ? Not sure how why he is.blocking me when I am out of pocket and honestly how anyone could send a cape like that out the door in that state is beyond me. So that wont be a good solution. I didnt try to contact him because I so angry at the time.

Id take the feedback back if he sent me a request to do so as its a shame. I was just fuming at the time with reciept of such an awful product and I mean it was shocking !
__________________
Manners maketh the man.

Last edited by garethdebi; 13-01-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-01-2018, 12:24 AM
darwin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,498
darwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Get a light ginger or light badger cape and use one of the more intense warm yellow dyes, sun yellow, golden yellow or sunburst. Hard to say exactly which one from a photograph. The ginger would be more towards a WOIGO. Both would be nice to have.
garethdebi likes this.
__________________
"...perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away..." Antoine de Saint Exupťry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-01-2018, 12:35 AM
garethdebi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North West England
Posts: 395
garethdebi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
Get a light ginger or light badger cape and use one of the more intense warm yellow dyes, sun yellow, golden yellow or sunburst. Hard to say exactly which one from a photograph. The ginger would be more towards a WOIGO. Both would be nice to have.
Perfect..thanks man, light gingee cape and some dye it is. You are a star
__________________
Manners maketh the man.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
suzuki15hp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethdebi View Post
I gave him negative feedback on ebay as the cape I bought from him was so badly matted that it was unusable and he blocked me from purchasing from him ? Not sure how why he is.blocking me when I am out of pocket and honestly how anyone could send a cape like that out the door in that state is beyond me. So that wont be a good solution. I didnt try to contact him because I so angry at the time.

Id take the feedback back if he sent me a request to do so as its a shame. I was just fuming at the time with reciept of such an awful product and I mean it was shocking !
Looks like I got it wrong in one for you Sorry about that. I'd only heard from a mate he supplied a great range of colours on decent capes. You've probably saved me from a bit of heartache now as I was considering buying. I didn't even know he was on eBay
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Wee Jimmy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 6,676
Wee Jimmy is a jewel in the roughWee Jimmy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki15hp View Post
Looks like I got it wrong in one for you Sorry about that. I'd only heard from a mate he supplied a great range of colours on decent capes. You've probably saved me from a bit of heartache now as I was considering buying. I didn't even know he was on eBay
Itís a pity the situation has turned out this way...
Ive bought stuff from Sam for years and have always been delighted with the received goods. I would still have no hesitation recommending him to anyone,especially when it comes to Irish colours.

Gareth, I understand that you mustíve been disappointed about the goods you received ....and rightly so by the sounds of it...but I know Sam well enough to know that he would have 100% sorted you out with another cape if you had only told him about your issues with it at the time. Sorry mate but any negative feedback obviously will hurt these dealers reputation on EBay,so I canít say Iím surprised that he no longer wants your business.

Itís a no win for both parties now but I canít help feeling it could have been easily sorted without anyones reputation being tarnished.
garethdebi and suzuki15hp like this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-01-2018, 11:13 AM
garethdebi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North West England
Posts: 395
garethdebi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki15hp View Post
Looks like I got it wrong in one for you Sorry about that. I'd only heard from a mate he supplied a great range of colours on decent capes. You've probably saved me from a bit of heartache now as I was considering buying. I didn't even know he was on eBay
To be honest it may off been an isolated incident but as his feedback was 100% before I gave him the negative one but he did have a neutral one saying the same as me, that the cape was very badly matted. Some of the guys here use him and say he's great. My argument IS A how did a cape that terrible get accepted/dispatched and B rather than investigate the feedback and try to resolve he just blocked me from buying. Surely he would want to find out what had happened and prevent any future occurrence. Given than someone before me had the same issue it is evident that he doesn't take the feedback seriously or investigate the issue so chances are other people will also end up with badly matted unstable capes as rather than resolve the issue and request that I remove the feedback he blocked me. Maybe I should of contacted him to try and sort it out but then why should the owness be on me the out of pocket consumer when clearly he had been made aware of the issue by a previous customers feedback but still sent out unusable material to me. Normally I do contact rather than give negative feedback but when I saw it had happened before to someone else I was furious.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Jimmy View Post
It’s a pity the situation has turned out this way...
Ive bought stuff from Sam for years and have always been delighted with the received goods. I would still have no hesitation recommending him to anyone,especially when it comes to Irish colours.

Gareth, I understand that you must’ve been disappointed about the goods you received ....and rightly so by the sounds of it...but I know Sam well enough to know that he would have 100% sorted you out with another cape if you had only told him about your issues with it at the time. Sorry mate but any negative feedback obviously will hurt these dealers reputation on EBay,so I can’t say I’m surprised that he no longer wants your business.

It’s a no win for both parties now but I can’t help feeling it could have been easily sorted without anyones reputation being tarnished.
As above, when I saw it had happened to someone else I was fuming ! And it wasn't just a little bit rough/matted Jimmy it was literally unusable, I've had some bad capes before but this was was a whole new level.
__________________
Manners maketh the man.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 5,063
bumble54 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethdebi View Post
I gave him negative feedback on ebay as the cape I bought from him was so badly matted that it was unusable and he blocked me from purchasing from him ? Not sure how why he is.blocking me when I am out of pocket and honestly how anyone could send a cape like that out the door in that state is beyond me. So that wont be a good solution. I didnt try to contact him because I so angry at the time.

Id take the feedback back if he sent me a request to do so as its a shame. I was just fuming at the time with reciept of such an awful product and I mean it was shocking !
You live and learn, I do wish all suppliers would send a business size card with purchases, some do and those I am happy with get tacked to the wall above the computer, those that don't get put on a list but it's much easier to glance up when you want to order something than go through the list.
Good dealers are worth their weight in gold and how they deal with a problem is a good measure of their worth.
garethdebi likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
suzuki15hp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please with dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee Jimmy View Post
Itís a pity the situation has turned out this way...
Ive bought stuff from Sam for years and have always been delighted with the received goods. I would still have no hesitation recommending him to anyone,especially when it comes to Irish colours.

Gareth, I understand that you mustíve been disappointed about the goods you received ....and rightly so by the sounds of it...but I know Sam well enough to know that he would have 100% sorted you out with another cape if you had only told him about your issues with it at the time. Sorry mate but any negative feedback obviously will hurt these dealers reputation on EBay,so I canít say Iím surprised that he no longer wants your business.

Itís a no win for both parties now but I canít help feeling it could have been easily sorted without anyones reputation being tarnished.
It is a shame it's turned out this way and as you say a tarnished reputation on eBay can be costly for a seller. I'm not a great eBay buyer, but anything I do buy is only from sellers with 100% feedback. Anything less than that and I won't buy. In this case though I won't be put off, but I'll buy through his website by personal contact and give eBay a miss
Wee Jimmy likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm Dying Guest105 Fly Tying Forum 15 01-03-2014 10:19 PM
Dying your own sage fan Fly Tying Forum 4 17-02-2014 10:14 PM
dying to ask wileybugger General Fly Fishing Discussion 7 22-02-2010 02:57 PM
Dying To Dye wileybugger Fly Tying Forum 4 08-01-2009 07:13 PM
Dying your own!! Cromie Fly Tying Forum 1 28-02-2008 09:47 PM





All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
2006-2018 Fish&Fly Ltd