Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  98
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 295

Thread: Matchcatch

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, South side
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Just received my new 5wf line 90FT Trout Fly Fishing Line 4/5/6wt Beige/Sage Weight Forward Floating Fly Line With Welded Loops . Has anyone else had to cut back there new line to fit on there reel? I had to cut back 4m to accommodate the new line. Also there was no “attach this to the backing “sticker at 1 end of the line. I just hope I have sliced the correct end as the taper was very similar at both ends?

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    billlingham
    Posts
    14,340

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    If you take another look at the website you will see that the beige section is the reel end.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Grandad Noel

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Moray, Scotland
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gg76 View Post
    Just received my new 5wf line 90FT Trout Fly Fishing Line 4/5/6wt Beige/Sage Weight Forward Floating Fly Line With Welded Loops . Has anyone else had to cut back there new line to fit on there reel? I had to cut back 4m to accommodate the new line. Also there was no “attach this to the backing “sticker at 1 end of the line. I just hope I have sliced the correct end as the taper was very similar at both ends?
    I'd have thought about putting it on a bigger reel before cutting the line back. What about backing? Presumably you have none on the reel?
    If it's is a WF line, the head end will be the heavy end, the rear just level running line so it is a big deal if you have cut off the wrong end.
    Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught and the last river poisoned, will we realise, we cannot eat money.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, South side
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    I had a look at the website before I cut back the line. It appears to run biege to sage. My line is white ,grey and green(sage) ? Also the line is very thick at both ends. In hindsight I should have measured both ends to work out if there is any difference in taper. I already have 2 maxcatch lines inter and midge and these lines are pretty obvious which end is which. The reel in question normally holds 5wt lines granted with little backing. Thanks for the replies and I will go and measure the head. Maybe I will try the gold line next?
    Thanks

  5. #215

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Quote Originally Posted by gg76 View Post
    I had a look at the website before I cut back the line. It appears to run biege to sage. My line is white ,grey and green(sage) ? Also the line is very thick at both ends. In hindsight I should have measured both ends to work out if there is any difference in taper. I already have 2 maxcatch lines inter and midge and these lines are pretty obvious which end is which. The reel in question normally holds 5wt lines granted with little backing. Thanks for the replies and I will go and measure the head. Maybe I will try the gold line next?
    Thanks
    It sounds like what you've got there is actually a DT line, I had the same thing happen with them a while back; I ordered a WF and they sent me a DT, hence there being no "attach to reel end" sticker because of course you can attach either end with a DT, makes no difference. You'll know when you cast it because the line will feel markedly lighter if it's a DT.

    Your line is white, grey and green? Does it look like this?



    Skaj

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, South side
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Jackpot Skaj!! That is my line! Good man I will contact them now. I always thought dt were much thinner? Thanks again Matchcatch

    Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    GG

  7. #217

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Fellas,

    Anyone got a discount code that's working? Hugo30 has been zapped.

    Skaj

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    billlingham
    Posts
    14,340

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Try summer20 for 20% off or neon for 15% these are from his weeks email.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noel; 23-07-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Grandad Noel

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Way out West
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    What’s wrong with MAXFISH10 then?? , still works on the basket here . £7 off an order not to be sneezed at .

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,073

    Default Re: Matchcatch

    Quote Originally Posted by lukewarm View Post
    What’s wrong with MAXFISH10 then?? , still works on the basket here . £7 off an order not to be sneezed at .
    ..........

    Cheers Al
    Last edited by speytime; 27-07-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •