11 YEARS

doobrysnatcher

i stumbled onto this forum 11 years ago and i occasionally clocked in thinking i could do that ,tie a fly ,the funnything is im always learning from this forum ,i started off with the looking at patterns posted by some excellent tyers and wished and hoped i could do that also ,then about 5 years ago i lost my virginity and actually believed i was now adept and replied to someones post,boy did i get it , lol,so i dug my heels in being the determined forker i am ,and decided ill stick it out, i looked and looked and wished and wished, now 11 years later( how time flies )no longer intimidated to post ,i believe ive overcome that obstacle and even made" whom i regard as friends" and aqquantences on the way,slowly but surley i tied some flies and posted them here , some were recieved gratiously and some were ,shall i say "shite"but i didnt give up and perservared,there were some who gave some fantastic constructive critism to better my tying and some even donated some materials free of charge to help me further advance my tyings,which i am eternally grateful for ,even though i had very little expierence and never got propper lessons in this fine art of flytying some here were alwayswilling and ready to give a helping hand, theres a wealth of information , maybe in the hundreds of years combined on this forum which on a daily basis is genorously shared , and i like a sponge cant get enough of it to the point im overflowing and beginning to seep a bit myself ,so this is a big THANKYOU for all your help on my journey, please pause for a moment as i bow to yere expertease and please realise that your input here is gratefully appreciated by many people here and doesent go unnoticed
sorry if this is a bit long winded but i thought ye all deserve the recognition and i hope ye continue to contribute for a long time to come
kenneth

GEK79

i stumbled onto this forum 11 years ago and i occasionally clocked in thinking i could do that ,tie a fly ,the funnything is im always learning from this forum ,i started off with the looking at patterns posted by some excellent tyers and wished and hoped i could do that also ,then about 5 years ago i lost my virginity and actually believed i was now adept and replied to someones post,boy did i get it , lol,so i dug my heels in being the determined forker i am ,and decided ill stick it out, i looked and looked and wished and wished, now 11 years later( how time flies )no longer intimidated to post ,i believe ive overcome that obstacle and even made" whom i regard as friends" and aqquantences on the way,slowly but surley i tied some flies and posted them here , some were recieved gratiously and some were ,shall i say "shite"but i didnt give up and perservared,there were some who gave some fantastic constructive critism to better my tying and some even donated some materials free of charge to help me further advance my tyings,which i am eternally grateful for ,even though i had very little expierence and never got propper lessons in this fine art of flytying some here were alwayswilling and ready to give a helping hand, theres a wealth of information , maybe in the hundreds of years combined on this forum which on a daily basis is genorously shared , and i like a sponge cant get enough of it to the point im overflowing and beginning to seep a bit myself ,so this is a big THANKYOU for all your help on my journey, please pause for a moment as i bow to yere expertease and please realise that your input here is gratefully appreciated by many people here and doesent go unnoticed
sorry if this is a bit long winded but i thought ye all deserve the recognition and i hope ye continue to contribute for a long time to come
kenneth
And as a relative newbie here let me thank you for your advice a d patience with me and others..keep tying.. 👍👍

doobrysnatcher

Aye I think you are correct sir, shame it hadn't been a dram of potcheen...
jeesus potcheen weed of been there all night jibering on about flyfishing and arguing about nothing
actually did you ever try it ?i remember my father when we were young used to get it back in the 70s and i like an ass following a carrott back in the eighties would touch the stuff now but recently i did get some spanish diablo del agua and it didnt measure up

taffy1

jeesus potcheen weed of been there all night jibering on about flyfishing and arguing about nothing
actually did you ever try it ?i remember my father when we were young used to get it back in the 70s and i like an ass following a carrott back in the eighties would touch the stuff now but recently i did get some spanish diablo del agua and it didnt measure up

Aye, had some of the "regular" stuff when I fished the Cork Blackwater back in 1999, what a mind blowing experience, paid for it the following day though. Drank with the landlord's daughter & thought we were onto a good thing, by the time I woke & got off the floor she had already started cooking us bteakfast....no warning or alchol measures on those "containers"

doobrysnatcher

Aye, had some of the "regular" stuff when I fished the Cork Blackwater back in 1999, what a mind blowing experience, paid for it the following day though. Drank with the landlord's daughter & thought we were onto a good thing, by the time I woke & got off the floor she had already started cooking us bteakfast....no warning or alchol measures on those "containers"
yeah some folk have it running through there veins 24 7 its when they stop youll see the effects pity really