15ft Salmon Rods

patsolver

Which 15ft rod in the £200 bracket would people recommend, need one that I can overhead cast with and occassionaly speycast with.

sage

Pro Member
Hi.

I have a Fulling Mill 6 piece 10-11#, 15' very nice rod , it is in your price range at £199, also won best rod in Trout & Salmon

frankie-g

Shakespeare Oracle IV Salmon Fly Rod 15ft 10-11# -4 piece
Part No. 1732/450
Voted BEST overall latest 15ft salmon fly rod by Trout & Salmon (see April 05 issue). Kenny McDonald says: It would be a pleasure to use all day, Grant Sutherland: At the price there can be no argument. So why don't you try?
Shakespeare Oracle IV Salmon Fly Rod 15ft 10-11# -4 piece (Code 1732/450).
This beautiful rod is finished to a very high specification, the important action and power of the blank remains consistant through 4 piece construction. The compact section lengths improve the ease of stowage.
Features include:
- Lined Butt & Tip guide.
- Snake Intermediates.
- Overslide joints.
- Cushion Reel Seat fitting.
- Cork Handle.

Quantity
RRP £106.00
Mullarkeys Price £72.00

at that price i dont think you will find much better i know a lad with one and it
feels more like 10 times the price quality fittings also

Joey1

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/acatalog/Sharpe_s.html#3282

Sharpe's Gordon Double hander going for £240 from what I know a good allrounder.

Or the Partridge Ian Gordon Spey Rods 15ft 10/11 £229.
From what a friend says very good rod for the price.

Shimano Biocraft XTR 15 ft. £161.

Also remember prices may exclude VAT.

Good luck.:eek:

J.

Last edited:

beanieboy

The Bloke 5 piece 10/11 is a superb choice - feels nice and light, but has loads of power - it is an excellent spey casting tool and is firm enough for overhead casting. I have read some negative comments on these forums about Bloke doublehanders, although they seem to have been aimed at the original 3 and 4 piece models, which, by all accounts, were too fast. Take it from me this is not the case with the 5 piece. They can be picked up on e-bay for £200 or less - you won't do much better.