2020 Euros

BobP

France have easily the best team on paper....absolute class so I will go with them.....its theirs to loose really

Belgium also have a lot of talent but I don't fancy them all.

Italy will always be there so my choice as an outside bet.

England, Wales and Scotland sorry but just not good enough....we lost to Iceland last tournament for gods sake.

England should get out of the group Wales and Scotland I doubt it unless " one of the best 3rd placed teams"

Grealish, Mount, Sancho will be great come the world cup.....but its bit early for them.

We also need a good manager Southgate is poor by anyone's standards...there's not a top 6 premiership team that would even consider him.

Still I hope we do well and will support them
Stick to catching trout, Rob. Southgate a poor manager? Only took us to the semis in the last World Cup so that makes him cr*p of course! I think we have a very good chance in this tournament and will watch with interest.

GEK79

Stick to catching trout, Rob. Southgate a poor manager? Only took us to the semis in the last World Cup so that makes him cr*p of course! I think we have a very good chance in this tournament and will watch with interest.
I was REALLY surprised to not see Patrick Bamford in the line up or subs bench surely he's worth a super sub.. Any way played 1 won 1 3 points us a good start.

Lewis Chessman

I haven't followed footy for about ten years now, other than watching the big comp. matches. This is the first where I'd only heard of a handful of England players!
I was impressed by Phillips and Foden in particular, Ming and Trippier looked handy and Bellingham made a lively late start. Other than a few over-long hoofs upfield to Stirling towards the end I thought the team did a tidy enough job and deserved the win. Croatia seldom threatened and Modric looks like a spent force to me - thankfully!

Looking forward to seeing how the team grows - presuming they do! ;)
Here's hoping Scotland do themselves proud tomorrow and we see a cracker of a game on Friday.

Noodles

I haven't followed footy for about ten years now, other than watching the big comp. matches. This is the first where I'd only heard of a handful of England players!
I was impressed by Phillips and Foden in particular, Ming and Trippier looked handy and Bellingham made a lively late start. Other than a few over-long hoofs upfield to Stirling towards the end I thought the team did a tidy enough job and deserved the win. Croatia seldom threatened and Modric looks like a spent force to me - thankfully!

Here's hoping Scotland do themselves proud tomorrow and we see a cracker of a game on Friday.
You better behave yourself on Saturday morning as you will be outnumbered 😂

BobP

What pleased me just as much was the fact that the country of my birth - Austria - where I have many friends and family also won their opening match. They haven't won a match at a major tournament since 1990 apparently. The wine will flow freely there tonight!

jaybeegee

I was REALLY surprised to not see Patrick Bamford in the line up or subs bench surely he's worth a super sub.. Any way played 1 won 1 3 points us a good start.
He’s not in the squad despite his performance this season gone and Southgate was at a few games, his time will come I dare say. Kalvin played a blinder though Gary.
B

GEK79

He’s not in the squad despite his performance this season gone and Southgate was at a few games, his time will come I dare say. Kalvin played a blinder though Gary.
B
Looking at the team it looked good.. And a result to start.. Bamford age is the problem 28/29..
Good start to I'm happy.. Will be cheering Scots when they play..but Friday all about England.. 👍👍
Looking forward to watching the Dutch tonight. 👍👍

Last edited:

GEK79

Friday will be great lad one of the 2 countries will be celebrating.. We will have to wait for who... 👍👍

Rob Edmunds

Southgate has won absolutely nothing as a manager in fact he got relegated at Middlesbrough.

Yes he got England to the semi's but lost.....hardly something to be proud of coming 4th when the draw went your way......

An F.A yes man nothing more.....

Rob Edmunds

Southgate has won absolutely nothing as a manager in fact he got relegated at Middlesbrough.

Yes he got England to the semi's but lost.....hardly something to be proud of coming 4th when the draw went your way. (As regards the Euros I see us getting out of the group , winning the initial knockout match then sent packing) and if you fancy a bet Bob I'm open to offers

GEK79

Not sure if someone has already started a thread on the 2020 euros yet so please accept my apologies if this does turn out to be the case.

So the first game is all but over and Italy look composed and very handy on the ball, I do suspect Chiellini will have a wobble when put under pressure by a better team
I feel the Dutch were. Lucky perhaps a little cock sure at 2-0
Grway game the Ukraine may be dark horses... Great game..

MobyJones

I thought England played pretty well. They deserved to win and I'd say Croatia are the strongest opposition in our group so I'm sure we'll qualify and maybe win the first knockout stage.

Scotland really need to win today to have any chance of qualifying I'd say. I think they'll find England and Croatia a bit more difficult to beat.

Italy looked good for sure.

Dingbat

That just shows how bankrupt English football has become - with that kind of money and playing talent the semis is the least one could expect. Most European nations are happy to make it to the quarter finals, the big ones expect to win.

GEK79

I thought England played pretty well. They deserved to win and I'd say Croatia are the strongest opposition in our group so I'm sure we'll qualify and maybe win the first knockout stage.

Scotland really need to win today to have any chance of qualifying I'd say. I think they'll find England and Croatia a bit more difficult to beat.

Italy looked good for sure.
I was really impressed with the Dutch a Ukraine game last night.. I'm not ruling the Ukraine out. I'll be cheering for the Scots today.

delray

That just shows how bankrupt English football has become - with that kind of money and playing talent the semis is the least one could expect. Most European nations are happy to make it to the quarter finals, the big ones expect to win.
Ok. thanks for that. Very revealing.

Dingbat

1623698651172.png
played the little game the telegraph gives us - 17% of readers see England winning the Euros - triumph of hope over experience.

I had them beaten by Holland in the semis (and beating Germany to get there)

GEK79

France have easily the best team on paper....absolute class so I will go with them.....its theirs to loose really

Belgium also have a lot of talent but I don't fancy them all.

Italy will always be there so my choice as an outside bet.

England, Wales and Scotland sorry but just not good enough....we lost to Iceland last tournament for gods sake.

England should get out of the group Wales and Scotland I doubt it unless " one of the best 3rd placed teams"

Grealish, Mount, Sancho will be great come the world cup.....but its bit early for them.

We also need a good manager Southgate is poor by anyone's standards...there's not a top 6 premiership team that would even consider him.

Still I hope we do well and will support them
Just reading your message there Rob you think France have a better team on paper than England.!?
Be interesting to read your thoughts on this.
Gary