2020 Euros

Cap'n Fishy

The Error was the penalty Style's if the 3 youngsters.. Walk up to the ball and tap it in... Not against the best keeper on the planet.. Hats off to Pickford....

Aye, I feel sorry for Pickford, having saved 2. All you then need is for your takers to score 4 out of 5. I remember seeing a penalty shoot-out where they ended up with the keepers taking one because it went to 10-10. And then they started going through the squad a second time.

Missing 3 out of 5 - in the way it happened, with late subs and all that - seems like a bad choice of takers... :unsure:

mackiia1

First attack and England looked sharp and quick and got off to a great start with an early goal.
Then retreated into a shell and were way too negative - trying to defend a lead for 88 minutes was a recipe for disaster.
The choice of penalty takers - leaving young kids to take on that responsility - was another disaster.
Southgate and his negativity were to blame for that defeat.
If England are to get the best out of this new group of talented young players , Southgate has to go and give the job to someone with a pair of Balls.

atr

Having played the game myself, I honestly feel sorry for the young lads who missed their penalties. With the weight of a hysterical nation (the vast majority who know nothing about football)on their shoulders it was a massive responsibility. It was not their fault that they were simply beaten by a better team on the night. The end.

taffy1

I reckon the manager got his starting 11 wrong, Kane's head is thinking about his future, Sterling wants to prove himself to Pep & that has gone drastically wrong, no vision, Southgate substituted his best midfielder for a carthorse & then substituted him in extra time. Not enough creativity again from England. The better side won on the night.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Aye, they were even doing same amongst themselves on the way to the game!
All that aside, best team on the night won.
However, why did the majority of the England players remove their 2nd place medals from their necks before they had even got off the presentation stage?
Unbelievably disrepectful. On camera.
Imagine the silver medal winners in olympics doing that before they got off podium, or runner up at wimbledon?
I actually felt sick about them doing that.
No shame in losing to an almost unbeatable Italian side, megga shame in the reaction.

ohanzee

That clip will go viral and do more damage to England the nation than football, if they can't protect people from that it shouldn't be held there.

mackiia1

That clip will go viral and do more damage to England the nation than football, if they can't protect people from that it shouldn't be held there.
Within 5 mins of the game ending , I had that clip sent to my phone .
No idea what started it but you can clearly hear an England supporter telling a steward to " Do your fcuking job"
Some nasty scenes in London early in the day too.
Why can't some people just go out and enjoy a wonderful occasion ????

atr

On the other hand it would be a fine example of explaining to decent people, what moronic behaviour is like.Time for bed.

boisker

On the other hand it would be a fine example of explaining to decent people, what moronic behaviour is like.

yup... happens all over the world... Roma, Lazio et al all have their hardcore violent fans.... as do most national sides... ruins the day for any normal fan caught up in it
the beauty in the Russia WC the extreme threat of what the authorities would do to them kept them all in order...:sneaky: