2020 Euros

ohanzee

Euro's are always harder to win than the world cup. Ok you have the addition of Argentina and Brazil, but beyond that better European teams are eliminated in the qualifiers for the world cup to be replaced by weaker African and Asian teams. This has always been the case - although the margins are narrowing.
Personally I would love to see an African nation lift the trophy.

Didn't Cameroon qualify in the world cup a while back?

Is it my imagination or is the title of this thread a year out?

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Euro's are always harder to win than the world cup. Ok you have the addition of Argentina and Brazil, but beyond that better European teams are eliminated in the qualifiers for the world cup to be replaced by weaker African and Asian teams. This has always been the case - although the margins are narrowing.
Personally I would love to see an African nation lift the trophy.
OK. Stick Argentina, Brazil, and a few other South American teams into Euro's, then add Japan, South Korea, a few of your "weaker" African teams, and see how England get on then!
Euros are a lot easier than world cup to win!

codyarrow

OK. Stick Argentina, Brazil, and a few other South American teams into Euro's, then add Japan, South Korea, a few of your "weaker" African teams, and see how England get on then!
Euros are a lot easier than world cup to win!
England's performance is irrelevant to the debate. Every ex pro footballer I have heard talk about the subject supports the view that the euro's historically and currently (although I'll give you the gap is narrowing) are harder to win.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
England's performance is irrelevant to the debate. Every ex pro footballer I have heard talk about the subject supports the view that the euro's historically and currently (although I'll give you the gap is narrowing) are harder to win.
The very fact that there are fewer teams in Euro's, at all stages, would kind of contradict that sentiment, somewhat.

Cap'n Fishy

Whatever your sport, ask yourself a question...

Which would you rather be?

a) European champion
b) World champion

Answer: World champion

Why? Because you are the world champion. You have beaten the world, not just Europe.

End of. (y)