2020 Euros

GEK79

I think the England water bottles have been spiked with rohypnol.
What's happened is this England had nothing nothing flat clueless not a single go at winning.. What the Scots did was fantastic they showed the English that they are the better team.. It was mentioned earlier in the thread about Southgate.. I apologise for perhaps disagreeing what a spineless tw4t.. Stirling doesn't need to be their selfish pr1ck. Pickford is allergic to a long quick ball... Fair play to Scotland.. The far far better team..
England spineless..

Rob Edmunds

Scotland had more desire, more commitment and the draw was the very least they deserved.

England were poor in my opinion, Kane, Sterling especially offered nothing.....a distinct lack of pace and movement

Southgate again showed his class as a manager by picking a defensive team and not changing it very early - too scared to loose and not brave enough in selection.

Grealish must start the next game, and Kane needs to he dropped.

Sancho also deserves a chance at some time probably as an early second half sub.

Kane and Southgate doing what they do best....born losers....Kane will be injured within the next 2 games and blame that ....

Kane has said he wants to " win things" .....well a second division or maybe championship club will probably take a punt on him if he's really lucky.....but based on his Euros performance all the elite clubs will be ripping up those cheques quick....

Big club...he's lucky to be at Spurs a club that considers it a huge achievement finishing in the top 4...

If you haven't got a determined, winning mentality then theres no point....and Kane just hasn't got that desire, he doesn't know how to win

Last edited:

GEK79

Scotland had more desire, more commitment and the draw was the very least they deserved.

England were poor in my opinion, Kane, Sterling especially offered nothing.....

Southgate again showed his class as a manager by picking a defensive team and not really changing it very early - too scared to loose and not brave enough in selection.

Grealish must start the next game, and Kane needs to he dropped.

Sancho also deserves a chance at some time probably as an early second half sub.

Kane and Southgate doing what they do best....born losers.

Kane has said he wants to " win things" well a second division or maybe championship club will probably take a punt on him.....the elite clubs will be ripping up those cheques quick....
I fully agree Rob.. Scotland had the heart and desire England DID not..

GEK79

A goal would have been nice.
And if the English jad off scored pal it would.nit have been deserved.. And that's from an English lad.. I'll hold my hand up and say England did not even deserve a point there..
20000 fans boooongntheor national team.. Somethings wrong.

Rob Edmunds

The only positive is that Mings has shown he can be solid, and lead....he was vocal and committed and I doubt he'll be at Villa in 2 years.

Southgate should be ashamed, but not losing is a good result for someone like him, winning is a different mental attitude and he's severely lacking.

green man

A goal would have been nice.

With about 20 minutes to go, I said to my wife I'd prefer to see Scotland score. The sooner we English are put out of our misery the better. Spineless throughout, no midfield and an unimaginative manager.

One of the favourites? We wouldn't beat any one of Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, or Spain.

Noodles

As a scotsman I would of taken a draw against england all day long. But!!! It was a game that could of been won by either team.

1 game left and still a chance of progressing.

Rob Edmunds

France , Spain, Belgium, Italy and Holland would give us a real lesson that's for sure.

Spain and Germany would win too but possibly not as convincingly.

ohanzee

I think England are saving themselves, it's a cunning plan.

diawl bach

Southgate summed it up well - “It was a frustrating night. We know we can play better. We’ve gotta give Scotland huge credit – they defended valiantly and played well. We didn’t do enough to win the game. We understand it’s a disappointment for our supporters especially."

Noodles

Southgate summed it up well - “It was a frustrating night. We know we can play better. We’ve gotta give Scotland huge credit – they defended valiantly and played well. We didn’t do enough to win the game. We understand it’s a disappointment for our supporters especially."
That's polite for "we played sh@#e "

ohanzee

England - draw - disaster.

Scotland - draw - WooHoo!

The differing expectations of nations.

boisker

England - draw - disaster.

Scotland - draw - WooHoo!

The differing expectations of nations.

you can always rely on the English for a bit of self flagellation and self loathing as far as their national sport teams Alan😂
being miserable and pessimistic must be in the genes....

England were very average, so were Scotland
it was a draw, a better result for England than Scotland...

BobP

What was noticeable was that the longer the game went on the less England were interested in winning it. When the Scots had the ball they attacked at pace; when they had the ball in mid-field England made little effort to harass them and get the ball back. When England had the ball they "attacked" at walking pace; when England had the ball in mid-field there would be a minimum of two Scots harassing the player with the ball. Scotland's passing was much more effective than England's. An England player would pass the ball back to a player from whom he had just received the ball despite that player being already surrounded by Scottish players, with the inevitable result of losing possession. For long periods it seemed that England had forgotten which goal they were supposed to be attacking as at least 70% of their passes went backwards. I hope they have booked their return flight on Wednesday because I suspect they will need it.