2020 Euros

Rob Edmunds

Germany played very well, especially under pressure they have a completely different attitude to England they are supremely confident and expect to win every match.

The balls in the box were difficult to defend ( as they came in at pace into difficult areas) so it's not surprising Portugal conceded OG's....if not the Forwards would have scored anyway

France are still my bet although Belgium are also very strong....

GEK79

Football is a funny game you can never say who will win

look at Germany to-night 2 own goals given to them otherwise it would have been a draw

Belgium are a good bet
Looking at the games played so far Italy seem to have what's needed.. 😕😕

Reg Wyatt

England have four points and yet to concede a goal. Very mediocre performances at best but write them off at your peril methinks. They have very good players - most sat on the bench! - and will improve with each game, hopefully, and pick their game up as it goes on. I don't like Southgate as a manager at all but he does have decent players, underperforming, to work with. Kane and Sterling more interested in their club careers.
Meanwhile........COME ON WALES! (and Scotland)

Reg Wyatt

Reg Wyatt

Got to half time of the Italy game but it's rather like watching ballerinas on ice. No wonder rugby fans laugh at footballers. The slightest touch induces a full blown swan dive. Still, come on Wales.

Reg Wyatt

boisker

Got to half time of the Italy game but it's rather like watching ballerinas on ice. No wonder rugby fans laugh at footballers. The slightest touch induces a full blown swan dive. Still, come on Wales.

Reg Wyatt

hence the phrase ‘wendy ball’... 😂

Rob Edmunds

Come on Wales....up against it with 10 men and a good Italian side....but still possible

I love football and still play 7 a side 😱 despite being old and overweight I love it.
But professional players do go down at the slightest touch and its embarrassing

GEK79

Come on Wales....up against it with 10 men and a good Italian side....but still possible

I love football and still play 7 a side 😱 despite being old and overweight I love it.
But professional players do go down at the slightest touch and its embarrassing
Was that a red card..????

Rob Edmunds

I think its extremely harsh....yellow at most for me. ..absolute joke really

No intent to cause injury just a touch late.

Professional fouls....ie stopping a breakaway with a foul on the halfway line when your outnumbered is worse in my opinion

The Game has become a non contact sport....matches will end up 6 v 6 if that challenge sets the precedent.

If one of the "big" players made it absolutely nothing would have happened....just a free kick..

GEK79

I think its extremely harsh....yellow at most for me. ..absolute joke really

No intent to cause injury just a touch late.

Professional fouls....ie stopping a breakaway with a foul on the halfway line when your outnumbered is worse in my opinion

The Game has become a non contact sport....matches will end up 6 v 6 if that challenge sets the precedent.

If one of the "big" players made it absolutely nothing would have happened....just a free kick..
So he now misses next game in the Welsh progress hats off to Wales 10 men and stood their ground true Celtic grit.
chwarae teg cymru..

diawl bach

I can't help but think back to the 6 Nations where, allegedly, Wales couldn't win without the ref in their pocket or an opposing team member sent off.
Come to think of it we didn't win yesterday....😁

Whatever, we were determined enough not to be overwhelmed by Italy, got through to the main tournament and finished second in our group, so well done boys, it's been a blast.
Looking forwards to next 5pm, Saturday 26th. Hope I don't have to watch the next one through the fingers of my hand!

esk

Great. Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid.

HTF did that happen? Bubble. Schmubble.

That will, in all probability, be that.

LINK

BobP

Well done to Austria - country of my birth. Qualified for the next round for the first time ever. The beer and wine will flow freely tonight in the Alps.

bobfly2

Great. Billy Gilmour has tested positive for Covid.

HTF did that happen? Bubble. Schmubble.

That will, in all probability, be that.

LINK

Seems like he has taken two English players into isolation. Strange that no-one else in the boogie squad is involved including the manager hugging him after the match. 😯

boisker

It’s a joke... supposedly left to the nations FA to decide who has been in contact....

on the plus side it appears England won’t be coming home on Wednesday 😂

Last edited:

BobP

A much better performance overall by England though they still insist on playing this stupid pat a cake football in their own half which results in their being pushed back deeper and deeper until either one of them makes a mistake which results in the opposition getting the ball within easy striking distance of goal - that has cost us dear many times in the past. Alternatively they have to pass it to the goalkeeper which puts him under unnecessary pressure. That stupid activity could have cost us last night as the Czechs pressured our backs into errors well within shooting range on at least two occasions. Do that against France, Germany or Portugal on Tuesday and there'll only be one winner. Keep doing it and we'll be lucky to get out of our own half. I noticed that the commentators were critical of it.

That young lad Saka was a revelation and was the catalyst for our goal.

MobyJones

Did anyone else find it bizarre that before last nights victory we’d have qualified anyway after scoring just one goal?

Anyway, we’re through. We won the group and we’re undefeated and yet to concede a goal. Despite being one of the most boring teams of not the most boring in the tournament so far. Not too shabby really.

delray

A non football fan's opinion....We don't look bad going forward but seemed to surrender the middle part of the park for long periods last night. Apparently there was a bloke called Rice playing last night (I'm not kidding), as I didn't hear his name mentioned much, if at all, and I assume he was in the midfield.
However, played 3, won 2, lost 0, conceded 0 goals; that'll do nicely.
Forgot; one of the blokes I was impressed by was Mings when he came on; very assured.

Latest posts