2020 Euros

benisa

Did anyone else find it bizarre that before last nights victory we’d have qualified anyway after scoring just one goal?

Anyway, we’re through. We won the group and we’re undefeated and yet to concede a goal. Despite being one of the most boring teams of not the most boring in the tournament so far. Not too shabby really.
Some times a game or team can be boring how many FA cup Final,s have you seen and you could fall asleep : wake up and its still the same:(
but in the end its winning that counts

Reg Wyatt

Well done England and Wales. Scotland can take heart in that they are playing in big tournaments which is where they should be and they have also unearthed some great young talent unfortunately side lined by covid however, onwards and upwards. Hopefully Ireland will be back soon, north and south.

Reg Wyatt

GEK79

A much better performance overall by England though they still insist on playing this stupid pat a cake football in their own half which results in their being pushed back deeper and deeper until either one of them makes a mistake which results in the opposition getting the ball within easy striking distance of goal - that has cost us dear many times in the past. Alternatively they have to pass it to the goalkeeper which puts him under unnecessary pressure. That stupid activity could have cost us last night as the Czechs pressured our backs into errors well within shooting range on at least two occasions. Do that against France, Germany or Portugal on Tuesday and there'll only be one winner. Keep doing it and we'll be lucky to get out of our own half. I noticed that the commentators were critical of it.

That young lad Saka was a revelation and was the catalyst for our goal.
I think it was the Italians who used bunker football first or Germans score in wait back.. England clearly have the pace in Defence and mid field kane needs to go.. He's allergic to running... Grealish saka stones Stirling still ball greedy but a bit better yesterday and Sancho... We have a good squad. Just needs to be let loose...

GEK79

Some times a game or team can be boring how many FA cup Final,s have you seen and you could fall asleep : wake up and its still the same:(
but in the end its winning that counts
You've never seen the COVENTRY city Tottenham hotspur fa Cup. 1987...habe a look... 👍👍👍

GEK79

Did anyone else find it bizarre that before last nights victory we’d have qualified anyway after scoring just one goal?

Anyway, we’re through. We won the group and we’re undefeated and yet to concede a goal. Despite being one of the most boring teams of not the most boring in the tournament so far. Not too shabby really.
England have played 18 games with 14 clean sheets.

Vintage Badger

A much better performance overall by England though they still insist on playing this stupid pat a cake football in their own half which results in their being pushed back deeper and deeper until either one of them makes a mistake which results in the opposition getting the ball within easy striking distance of goal - that has cost us dear many times in the past. Alternatively they have to pass it to the goalkeeper which puts him under unnecessary pressure. That stupid activity could have cost us last night as the Czechs pressured our backs into errors well within shooting range on at least two occasions. Do that against France, Germany or Portugal on Tuesday and there'll only be one winner. Keep doing it and we'll be lucky to get out of our own half. I noticed that the commentators were critical of it.

That young lad Saka was a revelation and was the catalyst for our goal.
On several occasions I thought I was watching a game of walking football! At least Saka had something about him and brought a bit of pace and flare to the game. If I were Southgate, I'd drop Kane, who is clearly not on form at the moment, and Rashford too, who's game I think has also gone downhill this year. I'd try playing Saka and Greenwood up front and wake the game up a bit!

GEK79

On several occasions I thought I was watching a game of walking football! At least Saka had something about him and brought a bit of pace and flare to the game. If I were Southgate, I'd drop Kane, who is clearly not on form at the moment, and Rashford too, who's game I think has also gone downhill this year. I'd try playing Saka and Greenwood up front and wake the game up a bit!
Sancho grealish greenwood saka.. Dream team.. Pickford made one save yesterday wasn't troubled that much.. Walking football will. Not win the next game.. Possibly Southgate us playing a tactical game... We shall see.. 👍👍

Vintage Badger

Sancho grealish greenwood saka.. Dream team.. Pickford made one save yesterday wasn't troubled that much.. Walking football will. Not win the next game.. Possibly Southgate us playing a tactical game... We shall see.. 👍👍
Plus give the Captain's armband to Maguire. (y)

GEK79

Plus give the Captain's armband to Maguire. (y)
No way....Hes not that good... He had one excellent season at Leicester when the rest of the premier league was crap UTD overpaid for him...Luke Shaw possibly and maybe John Stones but unsure if he was taken off injured. I'd play tripper before maguire even Tyrone Mings. Just my view. 🤔🤔🤔

Vintage Badger

No way....Hes not that good... He had one excellent season at Leicester when the rest of the premier league was crap UTD overpaid for him...Luke Shaw possibly and maybe John Stones but unsure if he was taken off injured. I'd play tripper before maguire even Tyrone Mings. Just my view. 🤔🤔🤔
In addition to being a good solid defender, he organises things and makes things happen. Like him or not, look what happened to UTD when they had to try and do without him. I think he's certainly more useful then Kane currently is, at both ends of the pitch!

GEK79

Not sure if someone has already started a thread on the 2020 euros yet so please accept my apologies if this does turn out to be the case.

So the first game is all but over and Italy look composed and very handy on the ball, I do suspect Chiellini will have a wobble when put under pressure by a better team
England Germany.... Something too look forward toooooo... 👍👍

Dingbat

England v Germany gave me nightmares years ago
if we could beat them on penalties I would sleep well and stuff the rest of the championship 😂😂😂
I know the feeling

The best thing that could be said for Lampard's ball hitting the crossbar (I know it wasn't a penalty,) was that at least I wouldn't have to listen to all those Germans moaning on about what could have been.

We can only meet them in the final. Possible but unlikely.
Aggh I forgot - I was presuming Spain would top their group - have to do this prediction all over again