Fly Fishing Forum banner

2020 Euros

55K views 947 replies 55 participants last post by  Cap'n Fishy 
#1 ·
Not sure if someone has already started a thread on the 2020 euros yet so please accept my apologies if this does turn out to be the case.

So the first game is all but over and Italy look composed and very handy on the ball, I do suspect Chiellini will have a wobble when put under pressure by a better team

#637 ·
Yesterday, on TV, I watched a 'Colour' version of the 1966 World Cup Final. I was 14yrs old at the time and spending the day on Carbis Bay beach, no thoughts of a G7 conference!

I was however, shocked by how crap the football was, how poor the passing was, how slow the game was and how limited the players' skills were, and how 'knackered they were by extra time.

One hopes they'll be somewhat better tonight.

#666 ·
Sorry for your lads that they lost. But they did your nation proud and you should celebrate their achievements. No time for criticism of young laddies that were within a squeaky bum of winning a major trophy.

Congratulations.

Reactions: Elwyman
#683 ·
First attack and England looked sharp and quick and got off to a great start with an early goal.
Then retreated into a shell and were way too negative - trying to defend a lead for 88 minutes was a recipe for disaster.
The choice of penalty takers - leaving young kids to take on that responsility - was another disaster.
Southgate and his negativity were to blame for that defeat.
If England are to get the best out of this new group of talented young players , Southgate has to go and give the job to someone with a pair of Balls.

#684 ·
Having played the game myself, I honestly feel sorry for the young lads who missed their penalties. With the weight of a hysterical nation (the vast majority who know nothing about football)on their shoulders it was a massive responsibility. It was not their fault that they were simply beaten by a better team on the night. The end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.