6 Nations , Gateway to the trout season

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
So what’s your problem?
Foul play needs to be penalised weather it’s England Scotland Wales Ireland France or Italy
It’s down to a teams I’ll discipline if they have fourteen men on the pitch
Of course it is.
Would be a bit ironic if it happened again when Wales were playing England would it not!
Point was, would they have won either game against 15 though?
Foul play should be, and was penalised, but same Welsh team did struggle a bit against 14, so my thoughts are, against a full England 15, they are toast.

Mr Notherone

Of course it is.
Would be a bit ironic if it happened again when Wales were playing England would it not!
Point was, would they have won either game against 15 though?
Foul play should be, and was penalised, but same Welsh team did struggle a bit against 14, so my thoughts are, against a full England 15, they are toast.

You seem a bit anti-Welsh Bert, which is a bit strange since it's the English who have bent you over and spanked your a**e over the last 30 years. The Welsh have obliged you with a win or two (in-between four grand slams). Perhaps you should be a bit more grateful. It's a good job Italy have picked up 15 wooden spoons in the last 21 years or you might have added to your modest 4.

diawl bach

Bert, or Mystic Meg as I think of him following his uncannily inaccurate attempt at predicting the future earlier this month, does now appear to be anti-Welsh.

Looking at that prediction -

The only thing in Wales's favour is the fact Murrayfield will be empty!
They are going to get a real going over to-morrow!
Score might be low, but they will be given a right mauling!
Scotland destroyed England 11-6, and it was not that England were that bad, they were just annihilated.
A performance by Scotland of near same, then Wales will be torn apart!
Bonus point for Scots beckons!

-
I can't help but wonder if these two occurrences may be related somehow.

aenoon

Anti Welsh?
You are having a laugh!
I am anti whom so ever we play next!
England got spanked, but that was a few weeks ago.
France on Sunday, I am against them big time!
I am, as you so rightly pointed out, upset that we got done in by Wales with only 14 men.
Even at that, Wales got lucky against 14 men!
Aint sour grapes, Wales won, good luck to them, is in the past, my focus is now France on Sunday
Would be good if England won against Wales, Scotland won against France, Ireland defo winning, no bonus points awarded.
Tell me what table would look like then?
Would be the best 6 nations finale ever!
Regards
Bert

sewinbasher

Slight aside! Worth watching out for another rising Welsh back row star. Jac Morgan ( 21 in Jan) and the Scarlets'3rd choice No.7 was MoM last week and scored two tries like a winger.

BobP

Anti Welsh?
You are having a laugh!
I am anti whom so ever we play next!
England got spanked, but that was a few weeks ago.
France on Sunday, I am against them big time!
I am, as you so rightly pointed out, upset that we got done in by Wales with only 14 men.
Even at that, Wales got lucky against 14 men!
Aint sour grapes, Wales won, good luck to them, is in the past, my focus is now France on Sunday
Would be good if England won against Wales, Scotland won against France, Ireland defo winning, no bonus points awarded.
Tell me what table would look like then?
Would be the best 6 nations finale ever!
Regards
Bert

I must have been watching a different game when England played Scotland. I thought it a poor game by both sides and never got going. England lost, fair enough, but does a 5 point margin constitute a "spanking?" Can't see that somehow. One unconverted try is a narrow victory, or loss, depending on your point of view. If a five point margin is a "spanking" I wonder what a 30 point margin equates to? Or a 40 point margin? THOSE are "spankings". 5 points is the equivalent of 100 lines at school - "I must not throw chalk at Jones minor," or something like that.

Last edited:

Mr Notherone

I must have been watching a different game when England played Scotland. I thought it a poor game by both sides and never got going. England lost, fair enough, but does a 5 point margin constitute a "spanking?" Can't see that somehow. One unconverted try is a narrow victory, or loss, depending on your point of view. If a five point margin is a "spanking" I wonder what a 30 point margin equates to? Or a 40 point margin? THOSE are "spankings". 5 points is the equivalent of 100 lines at school - "I must not throw chalk at Jones minor," or something like that.
A poor game by both? To be fair to Bert, England were woeful, created nothing and made a ridiculous number of errors. They did defend their line well though. The Scottish pack totally dominated England and hammered them at the breakdown. Probably one of Englands worst performances for years and perhaps Scotlands best display this century.

If Scotland had finished a couple more of their chances the score would have reflected the game.

By the way, if you're looking for an example of one of your 30 point "spankings" look no further than England in Cardiff in 2013....:)

ed_t

By the way, if you're looking for an example of one of your 30 point "spankings" look no further than England in Cardiff in 2013....:)
Surely scotland at twickenham 2019 should rank higher, but that's down to the welsh lad so sweep it under the table.

aenoon

Surely scotland at twickenham 2019 should rank higher, but that's down to the welsh lad so sweep it under the table.
Naw, we did not win that one!
But hey, that was a cracker!
Is interesting though, that in the last two meetings of Scotland and England at Twikers, Scots have scored more points!
The contention that we hammered them this time is based on possesion.
England only had the ball for about a third of the game, and when they did have it, Scots took it from them.
Score should have been more, but was not, but hey, the Scots gubbed them!
Is in the past, Scotlands name on the 150th playing of Calcutta cup, just like the first, However, is France next, thats where our (Scottish) focus is now.

JRT

Given the covid situation with the French team, Scotland have a great chance. But the French 2nd string team ran England close in the Autumn so they do have some young talent on the benches.
I'm looking forward to this game more than the England/Wales game.

delray

At the moment Scotland are a good side to watch, so yep, looking forward to them turning over the French.
Ireland by 30-35 over the Italians, (the market makers have it much lower) and I can't see a try fest in the Wales/England game. Both sides way off their best at the moment, but haven't forgotten how to defend. Low score, England by 5-8.
Didn't England end up with 13 players on the park last time they met?

delray

Eddie Jones has decided he wants Wales to send up loads of bombs onto the England full back's head by selecting perhaps the worst defending (and perhaps attacking) full back in International rugby, Elliot Daly. It's a tactic that will work all day long, and I fully expect it to be carried out.
Bench looks good.

BobP

Eddie Jones has decided he wants Wales to send up loads of bombs onto the England full back's head by selecting perhaps the worst defending (and perhaps attacking) full back in International rugby, Elliot Daly. It's a tactic that will work all day long, and I fully expect it to be carried out.
Bench looks good.
I can't help wondering why Eddie Jones hasn't availed himself and England of such a knowledgeable rugby aficionado as yourself. Surely someone with your depth of experience would be an asset to the team and country.

ed_t

Bench looks good.
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the squad and bench. I hope there's been a lot of cohesion work but still fear a lack of joined up play and cover.

Looking forward to see if rees-zammit can show his skills again.

anith

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the squad and bench. I hope there's been a lot of cohesion work but still fear a lack of joined up play and cover.

Looking forward to see if rees-zammit can show his skills again.
Rees zammet will have no problem leaving Elliot Daley floundering.

aenoon

Yep, is postponed, and now we have the club v country arguments, even before rearranged date is announced.
In fairness French clubs have already released Scots whom play in France for the duration of competition, which includes rearrangements, Is a given Scots clubs will let their players go, which leaves us with English clubs.
Some statements have already been made along the lines of "no chance".
What next?