6 Nations , Gateway to the trout season

original cormorant

Farrell is an excellent technician but always mr angry and lacking in vision. He should never be captain. Who does Jones report to? Sack Jones for not moving forwards and putting too many players on the pitch who are not match ready. England are capable of putting out a team that would have walked that match.

boisker

It’s all about winning.... Wales won...
but a very ordinary Wales, against a very ordinary England who also wanted to give as many pointless penalties away as possible :)
and the referee 😂😂😂

on the plus side I believe Daley has been dropped and my mother-in-law will be playing at 15 next week.... she will be equally sh!te, but half the price😏

original cormorant

It’s all about winning.... Wales won...
but a very ordinary Wales, against a very ordinary England who also wanted to give as many pointless penalties away :)
and the referee 😂😂😂

on the plus side I believe Daley has been dropped and my mother-in-law will be playing at 15 next week.... she will be equally sh!te, but half the price😏
Does your mother-in-law know your opinion of her?

boisker

That's a bit harsh. Wales are not playing great rugby, but they can only play what's in front of them. If Ireland and Scotland can't keep 15 on the field and England give 15 penalties away, it's not their fault. It's also not their fault that Jones is picking a team where a third of them have played almost no rugby...

Granted, the ref today was woeful.

i like Jone’s loyalty... it wasn’t the Sarrie’s players individual fault what the club did....
but picking players at international level who aren’t playing at club level is shocking

diawl bach

Have Wales had a tiny rub of the green? What happened today with the 2 tries, Scotland in control and a man sent off, Ireland having a man sent off after 14 minutes. Italy up next no problems. By the time the France game comes around, the entire French squad will have Covid, and France will have to field a team full of new caps against Wales. 😜 It could be Wales year
Every team gets allocated an even portion of luck.

Gdog

Every team gets allocated an even portion of luck.
They do, but this year Wales have knicked some of the other teams luck, well done on beating England. Hopefully England are still playing the same when they come to Dublin in 3 weeks.

delray

Wales quite comfortable winners in that England put no pressure on the Wales line at all, and even Youngs' try was following an England neck roll at a ruck in the midfield, obviously trying to get the penalty count to uber-ridiculous levels.
Gdog, with Jones coming under selection pressure, you're safe as houses; he rarely changes a losing side.
Wales are the most disciplined side in the Championship at the moment and it appears that's all a team needs right now.
Had my jab yesterday; I'll cling to that as my positive event for the weekend......

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Have Wales had a tiny rub of the green? What happened today with the 2 tries, Scotland in control and a man sent off, Ireland having a man sent off after 14 minutes. Italy up next no problems. By the time the France game comes around, the entire French squad will have Covid, and France will have to field a team full of new caps against Wales. 😜 It could be Wales year
It is aleady Wales's year!
They have just won the triple crown.
Did not watch the game, was skim coating walls!
Will watch later tonight, but, in the end, Wales won, by a goodly margin of points, well done Wales.
Glad I dont have to pay out for my predictions!

Last edited:

Gdog

It is aleady Wales's year!
They have just won the triple crown.
Did not watch the game, was skim coating walls!
Will watch later tonight, but, in the end, Wales won, by a goodly matrgin of points, well done Wales.
Glad I dont have to pay out for my predictions!
What I implied was it could be their year for winning a grand slam. Anybody back Wales for a grand slam at the start of the 6 nations? That would have been a good bet.

glas y dorlan

Wales quite comfortable winners in that England put no pressure on the Wales line at all, and even Youngs' try was following an England neck roll at a ruck in the midfield, obviously trying to get the penalty count to uber-ridiculous levels.
Gdog, with Jones coming under selection pressure, you're safe as houses; he rarely changes a losing side.
Wales are the most disciplined side in the Championship at the moment and it appears that's all a team needs right now.
Had my jab yesterday; I'll cling to that as my positive event for the weekend......
Agree.
There’s not much between all the teams apart from discipline.
Control your discipline and you can win the game.

garrynic

It is what it is guys
Paying the ref and the Video official paid off today hope it’s the same the next two days ha ha

ed_t

I love the sound of Farrell bleating :p Some very sore losers this evening, get over yourselves.
"Go and talk to your players... game on"

I'm not overly fussed about the result. Dismal refereeing in the first half, chap with a whistle and intent to use it..

Second half a bit of play was allowed. England did well in spells, but couldn't play to the ref's game and couldn't adapt as a team. The subs didn't change the tactics and there was no on field captaincy. Then the ref missed his whistle and started blowing again.

If wales get a grand slam off this it will be an injustice, but no sour grapes from me.

original cormorant

According to the Sun

Gauzere had already caused controversy in a previous Wales vs England referee when he took charge of a 2019 World Cup warm-up.

On that day the Welsh rose to World number one while England head coach Eddie Jones complained to World Rugby about his performance.

So why was this guy let loose refereeing the match?

Cap'n Fishy

I thought Scotland were a bit unlucky to lose to Wales, but today... that first try was a joke! I mean... really??? :oops:

Second try was dodgy too...

Just sayin'... 🤪

PS: Put this down as the first time in my 65 years i have defended England... against anyone... at anything! I must be going soft in my old age! 😜

Last edited:

Latest posts