6 Nations , Gateway to the trout season

boisker

Well you never know......I wouldn't bet with my money ;)

it’s the perennial question.... can they become consistent

England if anything have too many players in contention at the moment... Willis not even in the match day squad, even though he had double the number of turnovers of anyone else in the prem... tough calls to make, and I think at times leads to tinkering

looking forward to France at Twickenham next year :)

mrnotherone

England if anything have too many players in contention at the moment... Willis not even in the match day squad, even though he had double the number of turnovers of anyone else in the prem... tough calls to make, and I think at times leads to tinkering

looking forward to France at Twickenham next year :)

Matt, England have always had the problem of knowing their best 15 (wish Wales had the same problem) and do tinker too much. What on earth is that bloke from Northants doing at fullback when you have Watson ?

I just think this French team with the new coaching setup could be special in a couple of years... and yes should be a good clash at Twickenham. Congrats on the double by the way - I wonder if Baxter will ever be available for England?

boisker

No idea... I’d have Watson at 15 every game and I would have played Willis today, he has to be in the team!
Tony Rowe on interview said he imagined one day Baxter would probably think of England... but hopefully not too soon...
it’s a tough one, I love him at Exeter, he’s a great coach... be interesting to see if it transferred to a national side
Jones is record is pretty impressive, three 6 nations in 5 and a WC final, but as always, it’s hard to fully agree with some selections... if only he listened to me we’d be WC winners😂😂😂

mrnotherone

No idea... I’d have Watson at 15 every game and I would have played Willis today, he has to be in the team!
Tony Rowe on interview said he imagined one day Baxter would probably think of England... but hopefully not too soon...
it’s a tough one, I love him at Exeter, he’s a great coach... be interesting to see if it transferred to a national side
Jones is record is pretty impressive, three 6 nations in 5 and a WC final, but as always, it’s hard to fully agree with some selections... if only he listened to me we’d be WC winners😂😂😂

Well of course....stay well. Hopefully catch up next season...

PaulD

With Shaun Edwards as defence coach I'm pretty sure their consistency will improve. Having said that, they must still be kicking themselves having lost, albeit to a much improved Scotland team this Championship.

delray

England deserved champions.

I predict this French team will become very good indeed.

They sure will and not before time. 2 Under 20's World Championships, loads of money, and remain a delight to watch.
Furbank is plainly not a Test 15. There's only Brown, Goode, Watson, Malins, and if my cider addled mind would allow, possibly 1 or 2 others ahead go him in the pecking order, and we've a bunch of wingers that can replace Watson in that position.
J Hill was very comfortable, despite the card and good to see Youngs keeping the inside defence engaged, but Italy are nowhere near good enough to be in the 6N, again.
However, how can Home Nations Rugby survive with fixtures at only one level?
Last time I looked, Saracens don't have a list next season, which leads to other questions.

boisker

With Shaun Edwards as defence coach I'm pretty sure their consistency will improve. Having said that, they must still be kicking themselves having lost, albeit to a much improved Scotland team this Championship.

as he referenced in one of his pre-match interviews, he’ll be hoping he can improve their discipline.... I‘m not sure how successful he will be in that regard, it seems part of the French psyche, or for that matter whether it really is desirable..... it’s part of what makes them tick...

delray

2021 Fixtures.
I'm behind the times here, thinking there would not be a 6N Championship this year, but apparently there is.

English Premiership Games being called off weekly, I wonder if the 6N can go ahead.

mrnotherone

Covid is making the European Championship a farce and with a few more cancelations the Premiership could go the same way. I think they'll try to run the 6N but will all the fixtures be met? Who knows....

delray

Sad thing is, I won't be much bothered if the 6N is cancelled/postponed again; I never thought I'd think that way. (I'm repeating myself I think).
Anyway, if it's on, of course I'll watch and if not, well that'll make perfect sense. Swi-ing low...zzzzz

ed_t

Sad thing is, I won't be much bothered if the 6N is cancelled/postponed again; I never thought I'd think that way. (I'm repeating myself I think).
Anyway, if it's on, of course I'll watch and if not, well that'll make perfect sense. Swi-ing low...zzzzz
Are we still allowed to sing that?

I remember when i was a nipper and the new south stand used to be full of public school block allocations. As good as the welsh choirs but belting out jerusalem.

Sad not to have the competition.

delray

Good question; I imagine not, can't imagine it being missed and there's no-one there anyway for the time being.

Terribly sad if it's not on but for me all top end sport is pointless without an audience. I have admired the way the pro's go about their business without the 'buzz' fans give to the occasion. (I think I'm repeating myself again)

Cheers, Del

Latest posts