7' or 7'6" 4 weight rod recommendations

Gdog

I fish a couple of rivers which have some tight spaces for casting. I already have an 8' 6" #4 foot rod which I can use on the more open stretches.

I have a budget of £100 as this is a rod I won't use frequently. I am considering a 7 or 7' 6" # 4 rod, I already have a 4 weight line and reel, and don't want to fish with a lighter line. I would prefer a medium fast or fast action rod.

Does anyone use this length / weight rod in this price range that they could recommend.

I've already cast a Shakespeare Agility 2 Rise and wasn't impressed, so other recommendations please.

Last edited:

Sash

I have a Maxcatch 5-piece 7ft rod that exactly fits both your needs (its pretty fast; S-glass, I think), and <£100
Well worth looking for

pati

If it's to be a specialty rod, then go for a true specialty rod at 6' of 6'6", so you can really pass everywhere!

Gdog

Re: 7' or 7'6&quot; 4 weight rod recommendations

I have a Maxcatch 5-piece 7ft rod that exactly fits both your needs (its pretty fast; S-glass, I think), and <£100
Well worth looking for
Thanks, I might consider a Maxcatch rod. I've checked the Maxcatch website and there is a Uniglass 5 piece 7'6" #4 rod, bright orange:cool: Could be the same as yours?

- - - Updated - - -

If it's to be a specialty rod, then go for a true specialty rod at 6' of 6'6", so you can really pass everywhere!
Greys have a 6'6" # 4 in the GR50 and GR60 range, have you cast either of these?

Sash

Thanks, I might consider a Maxcatch rod. I've checked the Maxcatch website and there is a Uniglass 5 piece 7'6" #4 rod, bright orange:cool: Could be the same as yours?
Apologies for the delay: yes, that's the one, and its a really nice, fun rod to fish. And to travel with: fits neatly into a rucksac or overhead bag.

Pritts Apprentice

I use the original Shakespeare Agility Rise in a 7ft version, for exactly the fishing your doing. Its ideal cheap enough to break, good enough quality to enjoy fishing with. Your not casting far and with small fish they are mostly played out quickly under the rod top. The odd bigger fish, gives a nice curve on the Shakespeare.

Gdog

Has anybody used the Snowbee Classic 7'0" #3/4? or the Sportfish Purecast 7' #4, these are 2 rods in my budget that I could consider.