A bit of "Cap and Ball" shooting.

4wings

Pyrodex instead of Black powder a lot cleaner, easker1
I used to make flash pots for a pantomime, the special effects bloke brought them in to be cleaned and rewired/refilled with pyrodex and sealed with foil.

ejw

Had fun with the Black, only used Pyrodex a couple of times, it was o/k, but did prefer black.
Police firearms inspector did not ! Told me I could not store it in a wooden box and had to move it to my metal gun safe ? I gave him my keys, told him he could move it, if it was a requirement and asked if he was insured ?
The wooden box was "substantial" and followed the current guidelines, along with "under no account should Black Powder be stored in a metal container, as it is unstable and may react with metal" . The civilian inspector had no idea about explosives (and not much on guns either). He only understood cabinets, locks and out of plain site.
This work is now done by the "Armed Response Team (causes curtain twitching by neighbours). I had my last call this year, as all guns and explosives now gone.
I leave the hunting to the younger people. Since retirement 7 years ago, just not had the time !!! It is also now far cheaper to "hunt" in Tesco's and a lot less mess.
Having said this I would not change a thing, Wildfowling and Game shooting paid for my 1st house as we (wife and I ) were self sufficient for the 1st 10 years of marriage (my grandfather was a market gardener for 30 years after retiring, so veg was free too).
Times change, along with prices and rules, now I enjoy my fly fishing, but still do not get enough time at it. Maybe next year ???

easker1

I was taught to shoot at school, we had 2 rifle teams and an indoor and open air ranges, until I moved to scotland I had a few different firearms including 2 Cap and Ball arms plus a few others that I reloaded for, but I gave up as it was hard to get a licence , easker1

anzac

I can't say I ever fired anything using black powder. Machine guns, rifle, pistols and a lot of other things smokeless powder is an entirely different story.