A couple of early season flies

diawl bach

Replied to a post on the Taff thread re early season flies and as chance had it serendipity turned up a couple of examples while I was digging out another photo.
Nothing special, just my somewhat tatty go to flies for March, gold bead seals ear and a flashy wet above. I search out a race entering the head of a pool, let them run in to drift there for a bit and then a brisk retrieve, hopefully prior to hooking a branch left by winter floods. I've had a few nice fish over the years with this combo.

early season .jpg

early season2 .jpg

Perch@1

Replied to a post on the Taff thread re early season flies and as chance had it serendipity turned up a couple of examples while I was digging out another photo.
Nothing special, just my somewhat tatty go to flies for March, gold bead seals ear and a flashy wet above. I search out a race entering the head of a pool, let them run in to drift there for a bit and then a brisk retrieve, hopefully prior to hooking a branch left by winter floods. I've had a few nice fish over the years with this combo.

View attachment 36434

View attachment 36435
Good flys Diawel bach, gold heads attract fish, I've always found them good.

Fish safe and happy, Neil 🎣

Perch@1

Good flys Diawel bach, gold heads attract fish, I've always found them good.

Diawel bach, lockdown has put many things out of the picture but I'm interested in Fly tiers guild Cardiff. It's not too far for me, up here in the sticks.
What's your view?, I tied flies but not a vast amount. Is it good to be involved with them?

Fish, tye happy and safe, Neil 🎣

diawl bach

I did mean to go but I'm pretty knackered after a day on site these days so I let it go unfortunately. I'm sure it will be ideal for you, there's a lot to learn from the other guys and there are some nice people in the group.

Oldbones

Love these pics with your fly tying accoutrements in the background, makes a nice change from the modern day sterile pics we usually see.
Lovely

Perch@1

I did mean to go but I'm pretty knackered after a day on site these days so I let it go unfortunately. I'm sure it will be ideal for you, there's a lot to learn from the other guys and there are some nice people in the group.
I've sent message to secretary but underlockdown I can expect no answer, we'll see in time, once it starts back up?
Thanks Diawel bach.

Latest posts