A Cracking Morning On The River

D

Deleted member 90002

A bit late with this as I live at the end of a very thin copper wire and it takes about an hour and a half to upload 30 seconds of YouTube video!

Anyway the end of the big freeze in the Far North a couple of weeks ago.

Andy
Looks. Amazing lad thanks for sharing.

D

Deleted member 90002

Time to venture out. Warm weather, water down a bit and a spring tide. Might try a couple of hours tomorrow.
Will await an update..
A 25ln salmon was caught on the Drowes a couple of days ago..
The river I had hoped to fish is in full flood so a lough I will have to choose..
Stay sage..
G

bobmiddlepoint

Time to venture out. Warm weather, water down a bit and a spring tide. Might try a couple of hours tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day... well I hope it is!

There appear to be very few kelts about (and even fewer anglers!) and the feeling is that the ice hs driven many of them out. I'm not sure if that is the case but I don't have a huge amount of experience of pack ice scoured rivers.

Andy

Lewis Chessman

I heard about that last video only a couple of days ago, Andy. Well, if not yours, one from a little upriver, perhaps?
Regardless, it's as my friend described - glass-clear ice on top, frosted slabs moving underneath. Great to see, thanks for burning out the copper wire. ;)
James.

bobmiddlepoint

I heard about that last video only a couple of days ago, Andy. Well, if not yours, one from a little upriver, perhaps?
Regardless, it's as my friend described - glass-clear ice on top, frosted slabs moving underneath. Great to see, thanks for burning out the copper wire. ;)
James.

I've got a better one of the ice slabs moving underneath, great big lumps like ghostly skate, but it just takes too long to upload from here!

The whole lot was gone from the river in under 24hrs yet the loch stayed solid for another three days and some people still had frozen water supplies for nearly a week after the thaw started. So no washing and having to drink whisky - just like normal!

Andy

Latest posts