A few from this afternoon...

Cap'n Fishy

At the Botanic Gardens...

(Click on images for full-sized view)

The magpies were getting feisty with one-another...

Botanics04Mar20_6074.jpg

Botanics04Mar20_6075.jpg

I had robins taking food from my hand... and so couldn't get a shot of them with the long lens! 🤭

The dunnocks were looking at the food in my hand, but wouldn't commit, so I could get a shot of them...

Botanics04Mar20_6085.jpg

Same with the great tits...

Botanics04Mar20_6089.jpg

Long-tailed tit's pink eyelid seems to have changed to orange?

Botanics04Mar20_6099.jpg

Managed to get a wren that wasn't just hiding in the undergrowth, though his patch was so shaded, I was into ISO 5000 territory with him...

Botanics04Mar20_6105.jpg

Botanics04Mar20_6121.jpg

Botanics04Mar20_6155.jpg

Botanics04Mar20_6167.jpg

Botanics04Mar20_6173.jpg

Cock chaffinch, singing atop a pine tree...

Botanics04Mar20_6188.jpg

Col

Last edited:

Wee Jimmy

‘‘Twas a cracking day today Col ,quite warm.I fair enjoyed my lunchtime stroll in the sunshine so I did.

Cap'n Fishy

In the old days ... anything above ISO400 looked grainy...

Yep - the early days of digital was much the same. However, with each passing generation of digital cameras the noise gets less as the ISO goes higher. I've got acceptable results at ISO 25,600. Added to which, you have noise reduction software these days - though of course I would never resort to such trickery and sorcery... :whistle:

Col

Cap'n Fishy

Lovely shots of 'Jenny' , one of if not my Fav' .... beautiful little bird.

One of the most difficult to get a decent shot of, I have been finding.

Fantastic set of lungs on it, when in full song, considering the size of it.

Col

easker1

easker1not to take any thing away from the pics, but I think that's not a Scots pine, it looks like a Knobcone pine, by the placement of the cones and the length of need les , but that's definitely a Chaffinch:),

Cap'n Fishy

easker1not to take any thing away from the pics, but I think that's not a Scots pine, it looks like a Knobcone pine, by the placement of the cones and the length of need les , but that's definitely a Chaffinch:),

You may well be right, Derek - there was a Scots pine with a plate on the tree saying it was a Scots pine, and I kind of assumed that was the tree the chaffie was in, when I went round the other side of it and heard him and looked up. But even when I was posting it, I was looking at the cones and thinking they don't look like typical Scots pine cones. I will remove the 'Scots' - it's some kind of pine! 🤭

Col