A Guide to Tying North Country Flies - Mike Harding

parrot

Gosh - they go for a few quid. Cheapest I could see was on eBay at £380 or offer.

Mrtrout

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of this book for sensible money??

Paul

I sold one a year back Paul, but they do come up on eBay for reasonable money at times, never understood why it’s so pricey TBH it’s just a series of pics.
S.

devondabbler

Thanks Steven. Rod D. recommended various books on North Country Flies. Mike Harding's book was one on this list - I read a few reviews and thought it was worth getting hold of but I can live without it at the prices it seems to go for.

Paul

Mrtrout

Thanks Steven. Rod D. recommended various books on North Country Flies. Mike Harding's book was one on this list - I read a few reviews and thought it was worth getting hold of but I can live without it at the prices it seems to go for.

Paul

Rods gone NCS mad apparently told me today he’s tied loads for his visit on Sunday.
S.

wobbly face

The book cost £14.99 back in 2009 when first printed, I still can't get my head round how much it's suppose to be worth now. :noidea:
A 10 year old book and not the best or a definitive tomb on NCS.

Mrtrout

Bought mine from Amazon £9.99 Harding tried to sell me one signed for £12.99 at the BFFI.
S.

Mrtrout

Good old Amazon, fleecing the author out of his dues. :eek:mg:
Mine is a signed copy, but got of these forums some years ago, favour for favour so to say. :whistle:

I bought it two weeks before the show, didn’t even know he’d be there. Amazon must have sold loads of his books for him Ged so I think he did alright out of it.
I think they fetch less money if signed by the Rochdale cowboy. :p
S.

wobbly face

I bought it two weeks before the show, didn’t even know he’d be there. Amazon must have sold loads of his books for him Ged so I think he did alright out of it.
I think they fetch less money if signed by the Rochdale cowboy. :p
S.

Book soiled. :eek:mg: I have seen him at BFFi but he wasn't signing at the time. Did see him do his one man show donkeys ago, funniest I every come across. :thumbs:

Bongoch

The book cost £14.99 back in 2009 when first printed, I still can't get my head round how much it's suppose to be worth now. :noidea:
A 10 year old book and not the best or a definitive tomb on NCS.

Does seem a tad odd, though as I've got one I'm not complaining! :thumbs: Isn't signed though.

Overmiwadrers

The worlds gone mad . its like the Falkus book on spey casting . Was selling for 100s I bought mine new from a remainder book shop for £15 . As for Mike Hardings book if they are that popular ill be sticking mine on ebay . Unless someone makes me an offer a tight fisted old Yorkshireman cant refuse. Ill stick with my TE Pritt and the like.

O M W

Overmiwadrers

I tell you the worlds gone mad. A true story for you :We were on a cruise a month ago . I was separated from my Rolex by a scum bag in Barcelona . So I claims on my Insurance and yesterday travelled to a rolex dealer to get my new replacement . Now interestingly there is a waiting list to buy that watch , anything from 6 months to fve years is quoted and yet as the insurers deal direct with watches of switzerland I jumped all the waiting lists , but I wont receive the original registration until I have waited 12 months . The reason ? At the moment I could flog the watch as used for several thousand more than its retail. As soon as I walk out of the shop so the retailers Are trying to stop people buying one and immediately reselling . Potty isnt it . I have no intention of flogging it , but it is an example of how supply and demand can screw things around . I see on the interweb that there is a nice reprint of T E Pritts North Country Flies at £ 75 . It seems potty that Hardings book goes for£100. I am not saying his is a bad book but £100 ?... O and just noticed there is a used copy of John Roberts " Guide to river trout flies " IMO superior in every way to Hardings book on sale on ABE books for £18 . My favourite river pattern book bar none....

O M W

Last edited:

Gunmaker

There was one on amazon.co.uk at the nice price of 4000+£, after only about two months it was sold.

There were two on amazon.com at 4000+$, haven't checked if they've sold again.

I'm just waiting till someone puts one up on there for 40£ or something around there.

I've just checked and they've gone up in price :rolleyes:
https://www.amazon.com/Guide-North-Country-Flies-Step/dp/1845134893 5000$, probably because the one in the uk sold for 4k GBP.

Last edited:

Mrtrout

I bet it didn’t really sell?
You’d have to be a loony to pay that for what I consider to be a very mediocre book.
S.

D

Deleted member 38815

How about Robert L Smith book The North Country Fly £25.00 hardback and Steve Skuce book Grayling Flies £19.95 hardback signed or North Country Flies £19.95 paperback all from Coch-Y-Bonddu Books.

I have fished and tied Spiders for over fifty years and are simple to tie but deadly.

Various persalls silks and snipe, woodcock, partridge hackles and a mole skin and a block of cobblers wax.

Lots of videos on Youtube.