A New Lease of Life for Bewl Water

roadrunner1000

Hi Chris,

I fished last Saturday (14th) , landed 8 from Ferry Point and 5 from Bewl Straight (next to the fallen trees). Lost a few, missed a few :) Black buzzers on a sink-tip, the fish were close in.
The fishing was good all over the lake according to the lodge :thumbs:

roadrunner1000

Hot off the Bewl press (covering last week) :

An incredible week of fishing at Bewl Water. The rod average based on returns is an outstanding 7.64. A number of anglers have reported catching large numbers of trout on catch and release tickets.

The fish are still high in the water and spread out across the reservoir. Most areas with the exception of Chingley, are fishing well. 1500 rainbows were stocked this week.

Best areas for bank fishing have been Ferry Point, in front of the playground, Rosemary Lane and Seven Pound Creek. Boat anglers have been catching in most areas including Rosemary Lane, Hook Straight and the Main Bowl. The Dam Wall is closed for fishing due to algal growth on the concrete.

Bewl Water's level is currently 95%

pigsypete

Any news on how Bewl has been fishing in the last week?

Hi been a few times this week.

Monday was excellent managed 12 from the bank in front of the playground caught on a small black viva. Missed a lot of takes too.

Tuesday same area but only 2 everyone I spoke to found the fishing hard, despite almost identical conditions to the previous day only slightly more wind.

Thursday took a boat out and managed 15. Some on a drift along the playground to the dam. But a lot of fish over at Ferry point drifting from Montys Seat to the Jetty. Bank guys were catching round the corner in Bewl Straight. All my fish came to Diawl Bach or small black cormorants.

I ventured up the top of hook straight and several stops on the way back but didn't find any fish. Same story down Rosemary Lane, although I didn't give either much time.