A rod licence...

taffy1

My rod licence renewal is due mid-April & the current state of affairs with the Covid-19 outbreak dictates it may well not be replaced as of yet. What are you lads & lasses considering?

Jeltz

I think you won't need a licence for a long time to come. I was going to buy a 2nd licence this season so I could use 4 rods, the way things are looking right now, I won't be able to use 1 rod.

haggstock

I’ve not even renewed my season rod on the Wharfe thus year . Realistically it will be months before I could drive a forty mile round trip to fish . It’s the same with my fishing license , it’s dead money until such a time that unrestricted movement is allowed so I might as well wait .

jaybeegee

My rod licence expires in a fortnight, but I won’t renew it until we can get back on the rivers.
B

ejw

Renewed mine, ever hopeful !
Re Club membership - renew it !! All clubs will struggle financially this year, rents will still have to be paid (no government help here). I can see a lot of clubs folding due to lack of funds. Support your local club. Also your local commercial waters, they will need you there when restrictions end.
I see the Angling Trust is asking the Government about fishing as a "lone" sport activity and for an early decision on when we can all go out ? Again I live in hope (nearest River / put and take water 15 miles)
Eddie

BobP

I'll probably renew mine tomorrow just to keep the continuity going. Mine have always started at the beginning of April so I'll just keep it at that. It's hardly a major outlay after all.

bobmiddlepoint

Unless you are truly on the bread line should pay your club subscriptions no matter what. It isn't as if you will be spending on fuel and meals out and without the subs some clubs could go under.

Rod licence... I feel we probably ought to buy one anyway to keep a bit of money going into the EA and show that we are doing our bit. But to be honest I probably wouldn't but I don't need one so I don't have to worry about that!

Andy

Paul_B

I bought my rod license online and later that day the fishing club sent the email that they were closing, the license came yesterday, but wont open for a few days

glueman

Club fees paid in February just short of £300, Now closed down as river 50 mile each way not essential travel as for Rod licence will renew as and when

wobbly face

Mine's setup auto renew.
Also paid all club membership, fortunately I didn't take up to fish the Wharf.
One of the club have said they will pay back monies to those who want it but they will have to go on a waiting list if they want to rejoin next year (provided CV is over). Depending on how long CV lasts, they'll reimburse all members pro rata, or if no fishing this year then free for next year (again if CV is over) for those who wish to stay with the club, others can have money back. Not heard of any plans from the other clubs.

mebu

I wasn't too sure about renewing my licence, but have decided to as I feel we do have to keep everything going. Hopefully won't be too long before on the water again.

By the way - it is a LICENCE, not a LICENSE, unless you are in America.

Peter

My licence runs out on the 3rd of April , at this rate I'll be lucky to renew it by the end of the month. I think this will carry on till the end of April.

bobnudd

This is a bit of a bummer if you have renewed your licence already. But if you haven't just renew it when they lift the restrictions. As they run for twelve months from date you renew it