A shout out to Orvis Stockbridge.

uptomyknee_s

Since buying an Orvis Clearwater Large Arbour Cassette reel from a fellow forum member a couple of months ago I have been on the lookout for another one. Not having any success I decided to buy a new one. Not wanting to make a wasted trip to Orvis at Stockbridge I gave them a quick call and they had one left that had been on display but they would have to unspool the fly lines from them. Fast forward to yesterday I call into the shop to collect the reel. It is ready for me complete with the Orvis lines still on the spools and an offer to have them for £10:00 but if not they would unspool them and let me have the reel as agreed. Frankly an offer too good to refuse. 🙂. Excellent customer service.

bobfly2

Orvis .... Pretty much the out and out best for aftercare service support. They once even sent me a particular single tiny screw for a reel and some other little parts thrown in all free. An American idea, it is not too common with UK companies.

blithfield2

Since buying an Orvis Clearwater Large Arbour Cassette reel from a fellow forum member a couple of months ago I have been on the lookout for another one. Not having any success I decided to buy a new one. Not wanting to make a wasted trip to Orvis at Stockbridge I gave them a quick call and they had one left that had been on display but they would have to unspool the fly lines from them. Fast forward to yesterday I call into the shop to collect the reel. It is ready for me complete with the Orvis lines still on the spools and an offer to have them for £10:00 but if not they would unspool them and let me have the reel as agreed. Frankly an offer too good to refuse. 🙂. Excellent customer service.

I'm sorry, Orvis cannot hold a candle to maxcrap for quality or service..............or so we are led to believe by (cough) quite a few on here!

kenneth

Orvis .... Pretty much the out and out best for aftercare service support. They once even sent me a particular single tiny screw for a reel and some other little parts thrown in all free. An American idea, it is not too common with UK companies.
This was my experience too, and not only once, but several times. These were parts for reels from the 1960s and 1970s, I found it rather impressive, and reassuring, that I could still get them in the 21st century.

On other occasions they had gone out of their way to be helpful, you get the feeling that they do take pride in the quality of their customer service.

Kenneth

Latest posts