A small Autumnal set.

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
Just a few more of late tied on some nice eyed Mustad hooks I had laying about which make a nice alternative to tying on gut eyed hooks. Flies are clockwise from top left; Napoleon (Hardy), Fiery Brown (Veniard), Golden Olive (Veniard) and Yellow Doctor of which I can't find a name for the originator. All tips down wings which means the fibres from the right side of the feather are at the front of the wing and left at rear and the whole thing is reversed for a tips up married wing (tips down going with the natural curve of the feather). All under wings are tippets in strands rather than paired tippets. Tied at size 2/0.

Dressings still to add.

Thanks for looking.

cheers

mark

corto maltese

Absolutely beautiful and flies to aspire to.
I don't think I've ever seen such a complimentary group before, really quite something.
Thank you for showing those :thumbs:

baca157

Beauties Mark. especially that Golden Olive. Your tying just keeps getting better!

Quick question. When you tie the tippets in strands, do you set the wing on top of them rather than over them?

Cheers,
Sebastian

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
Crackers.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Hey Mark

Beautiful flies as usual.
I really look forward to your new posts.

As a matter of interest - what flies do you fish with?

Pete

Thanks Pete I don't actually fish for salmon funnily enough, just tie them for the challenge. Still do the trout fishing though with far more sensible flies.:D

Beauties Mark. especially that Golden Olive. Your tying just keeps getting better!

Quick question. When you tie the tippets in strands, do you set the wing on top of them rather than over them?

Cheers,

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian improvements can always be made sure enough. Yes that's right the wing over the top as shown in my tippet in strands under wing SBS, makes winging far more easier and more enjoyable if I'm honest as I always nail them on the first go.

Latest posts