AAAAANNNNNNNDDDDD Relax.

splinters

Back at last, we finally got permission to go back to the big lough. Weather forecast said cloudy so of course, the sun split the stones all day. Patchy mayfly hatch followed by small fall of spent. Hard going in the bright sunshine. I lost one at the side of the boat but was rewarded with this beauty on a spent gnat. I don't take photos anymore but the mate snatched this as was about to unhook the fish. 5lb Lough Erne brown.
6lb brown erne.jpg
It's good to be back on the water.
Simon.

ohanzee

I'm not jealous, ok I am, especially of someone with the modesty to hold a fish that size away from the camera, I know that net and that is a long trout :)

Mies

A fine fish (y)

You never know with conditions. Had my PB brown during mayfly on a scorching, flat calm day on the Corrib.

Lewis Chessman

Wonderful, Simon. Glad you had a good day afloat - and a hat on! Must be great to be casting again, let alone catching. :)
A cracking fish - Lovely looking boat, too.

If we get the go ahead I hope to be out on Friday. And Saturday. And Sunday. It's light here now from about 4 am to 11 pm so they could be long days, too. There'll probably be mass suicides of Scottish fishermen if Wee Nicki says ''No'' tomorrow!

airsprite

Well done Simon, thats a great fish.
Having fished a few Irish Loughs in the past, i know how tough the fishing can be at times.
Wonderfull places to be afloat on, as long as the wind doesn't get up!

Steve

glueman

Back at last, we finally got permission to go back to the big lough. Weather forecast said cloudy so of course, the sun split the stones all day. Patchy mayfly hatch followed by small fall of spent. Hard going in the bright sunshine. I lost one at the side of the boat but was rewarded with this beauty on a spent gnat. I don't take photos anymore but the mate snatched this as was about to unhook the fish. 5lb Lough Erne brown.
View attachment 26982
It's good to be back on the water.
Simon.
Nice fish,down here can only have one in a boat

splinters

Back again yesterday and it blew a hooley all day. At times you could have dapped with a DI7. We spent more time than normal sitting on Stoney Island watching the waves and putting the world to rights. But in the evening it calmed a little and the gnat started.

IMG_20200529_192155.jpg

My mate who had had a dry net last time opened his season with this one. I broke my rule and took a photo.

IMG_20200529_203511_1CS.jpg

4 3/4 lbs. His best wild trout. I told him it was a nice wee fish;).
That's probably the last chance we'll get at the mayfly until the second hatch but at least we're back on the water. (in groups of no more than five and two metres apart of course.)

S.