Accomodation nr Chalk Springs

stalker

Hi all,I am planning a trip down to Chalk Springs this autumn ,does anyone know of ,or could reccomend ,a pub that does B&B reasonably near the fishery?
Thanks.

mugsy53

Hi Stalker,

If you look under Links on the Chalk Springs web site you will find a further link to local accommodation. Can't give a personal recommendation to any of the places listed, but I hope you find something suitable.

Mugsy

stalker

Cheers mate,I looked at the link-seem a tad posh-no bog standard pubs with B and B!,all we want is a decent bar meal ,a few pints and a comfy bed!I,ll have to trawl the Googled results,ho hum....:rolleyes:

Texxa

Renfrewshire's missionary to the Lothians
Chalk Springs

Stalker...I suspect from the handle that you may be into your clear water fishing and may already have fished Chalk Springs?

If not then if it is any help I fished it a few years ago and personally was very unimpressed. Think you could save the accommodation costs by filling your bath with triploid aquapigs and jig for them with lead trout-pellet "imitations". Basically it is a series of stock ponds :D

I have fished a few places in the South but my favourite was definitely Willinghurst Estate, Shamley Green, Guildford. (note not the nearby course fishery). Not fished it in years but it had a series of old estate lakes that range from a larger water about eight acres to smaller specimen ponds (7lb+). The place is in beautiful surroundings and has the best equipped lodge I have seen. When I was last there they had a cook who would make you breakfast and had a comfy sofa with TV and fishing video collection if you fancied a cuppa.

There are plenty of specimens and the general fish stock was of very high quality.

Worth a bash!

Last edited:

stalker

Texxa,you guessed right.No I've never fished Chalk Springs before,i'm just trying as many clear water fisheries as I can to find the best ones,theres not a lot of them in Wales,so I mainly fish the rivers,if anyone can reccomend a ni
ce clear fishery in their neck of the woods it would be greatfully recieved!
Will try to find Willinghurst,thanks for the tip.:)